Boxing and MMA

Manny weighs in at 147lbs. Bradley weighs in at 146.

How do you see it going mate? I fancy Bradley to cause Manny some problems, especially if he brings his head into play in the close exchanges!

Pacquiao will want Bradley to come forward in straight lines but i just can't see that happening. Bradley, even though he doesn't possess much power, is a smart fighter. That coupled with Manny looking so poor against Marquez last time out, makes 4/1 on a Bradley win seem pretty tempting!

How do you see it going mate? I fancy Bradley to cause Manny some problems, especially if he brings his head into play in the close exchanges!

Pacquiao will want Bradley to come forward in straight lines but i just can't see that happening. Bradley, even though he doesn't possess much power, is a smart fighter. That coupled with Manny looking so poor against Marquez last time out, makes 4/1 on a Bradley win seem pretty tempting!

Nail on head about Bradley. People fknow that he uses head BUT forget he is a smart thinking fighter. I expect a shock tonight in this one. What's the undercard? I have still to purchase the fight

Rigondeux is on it

This guy is a fighter and I love watching this guy

He will destroy donaire and gamboa if they ever have the balls to fight him again

Already destroyed gamboa twice in the amateurs

Can anyone remember if Bradley starts his fights quick or does he start of wary of throwing punches ?

There's a good bet at 4/6 that nanny is ahead on points after the first 3 rounds

Genuinely believe Bradley can pull off the upset.

I think Rigondeaux will put on a good show tonight if Teon Kennedy comes out and goes for it. If Kennedy is in there just to survive then it could be dull.

well, what do I know.

For me, serious questions to be asked about the judging though. I though pac won that reasonably comfortable.

My comment might suggest I watched the fight. But far from it. Crashed out. But he should never have left it in their hands. I rink pacman is finished now. Was Bradley any good?

I thought that was a very solid performance from Manny. He dominated Tim and I can only make a case for Bradley winning three rounds.

If there is one small criticism I have of Manny tonight it's that he took his foot off the gas in the final rounds and his work-rate had noticeably decreased in the second half of the fight. Honestly, I can't see 7 rounds for Bradley. I can see why one judge has given him 5 rounds to make the fight 115-113 for Pac, but even still I think that scorecard is being generous.

I like Tim Bradley though and I do rate him highly. Manny just proved he was a much better fighter than him tonight.

The decision was a bad one and the Vegas judges (yet again) have gone for the ineffective aggression of Bradley over the cleaner and more accurate punches from Manny. This decision IMO is on a par with Rios v Abril. Although to me, I think Rios v Abril was worse.

Floyd v Manny will never happen now. Although I don't think it was ever going to happen anyway but tonight just made it official.

I'll watch it again when not fighting sleep and without commentary (as the commentary was pro Pac).

Initial thoughts were -

Pac started fairly strong, and I thought after 5-6 rounds the end was coming soon for Bradley, he was nearly out of there in the 4th or 5th!. Bradley came into it a bit as the fight went on, however IMO was rarely on top. The cleaner work was for me, quite obviously from Pac, the rounds he clearly won, he won them well. Bradley was hitting the arms and gloves a lot, any rounds given to him were quite close rounds. This probably enhances the thinking it was a robbery.

I didn't think it was too difficult to score, maybe only 3-4 rounds that were close. I would struggle to make any argument for Bradley winning this, on first viewing I just simply cannot see where he gets 7 rounds from, I can maybe stretch to 5 giving him the benefit of every doubt.. I fully expected a fairly wide UD to be announced in favour of Pacquaio, with scores in the 117-111, 118-110 region. I was stunned by the scorecards.

I'm of the opinion the challenger has to take the champions belts by beating him by way of having little argument about the decision. Bradley, certainly didn't win without argument. You only need to look at the reaction around this fight to see that.

The sceptic in me things it's got Bob Arums finger prints all over it.... A new American hero, defeats a ring legend in controversial fashion..... He makes maybe $10m out the rematch, as both are Arum fighters and with the right marketing the public will lap it up.

Here is the fight http://www.phnoy.com/2012/06/pacquiao-vs-bradley-full-fight-replay.html the commentators on this think Bradley win!!! lol. Round 11 is missing. as far as i can see Bradley def took rounds 1 and 10 a few other rounds could have went his way but Pacman def won this fight. CORRUPTION is the only thing im thinking of.

I've just watched it again with Spanish commentary. Gave Bradley 1, 10 and 12. Pacquiao the rest. 117-111.

Bradley threw a lot, but didn't hit with a lot. Most of Bradleys punches are not scoring punches, instead being blocked or missing. Pacquaio landed more telling punches, and had Bradley hanging on 3-4 times during the fight. Time and time again Bradley got caught with the straight left, hurting him several times.

I just can't see an argument at all there for Bradley winning 7 rounds. The only other rounds I scored for Pacquiao, that I could even give to Bradley were 6 and 11, and even giving them it's still 115-113, and that's giving Bradley the benefit of the all the doubt, and giving Pacquiao nothing. On the flip side, another person gving Pacquiao, as champion, the benefit of the doubt, could give 1 and 12 to Pacquiao as they were also close rounds, with 10 being the only round you could give Bradley with any certainty.

Even pushing it to 115-113, I just cannot see where Bradley gets another 2 rounds from.

CORRUPTION Arum is at his work pacman needs to dump that auld bastard.

fixed for you mate.

starting to get sick of sitting up to 7am for this bullshit.

round 1 was close, i was edging to bradley for being a little cuter, but then pac landed a flurry and it was the only "clean punshing" in the round. Round 1 Pac man.

rounds 2-9 were compelte domination. My only observation worth note is i think pacman 2-3 years ago would have finished tim within about 5 or 6 rounds. 9 rounds to 0.

Round 10 Bradley had enough, he ditched his come forward "ill die in the ring" nonsense and started boxing on the backfoot because he knew he couldnt deal with the power. It paid off, Pac was a little fustrated, Bradley got some good counters off, Pac wasnt busy enough, i dont midn giving that round to Bradley. 9-1.

Round 11 & 12. Bradley not so much boxing on the back foot now, but running. Hes throwing out a flimsy jab without much behind it to keep pac at bay, who is now chasing him now. Occasional exchanges with Pac probably just getting the better of them. I cant give these roudns to Bradley, he simply isnt effective enough, his counters arent clean enough and Pac is certainly the agressor pushing the action.

11 rounds to 1, or 119-109 to Pacquiao. (same score as HBO & Dan Rafeal).

honestly, anyone who thinks Bradley won 3 or more rounds in that fight doesnt know shit about boxing.

Bradley has said in his post fight interview that two judges scored the fight for him and thats what they're there to do. He then said I WILL WATCH THE TAPE AND LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES FOR THE REPLAY. this dosnet sound like a winner to me. :rolleyes: I think Bradley is genuinely embarrassed by this.

That's pacman finished now. Any chance of facing mayweather has now passed. Just been proved he's not in same class as mayweather

While I agree Mayweather is a class ahead of him that fight doesn't prove that.

You would struggle to give Bradley 4 rounds.

Pacman completely dominated him from rounds 2-9.