Great footballing moments

H72

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

0361007.4.jpg

Dinamo Zagreb captain, Zvonimir Boban, kicks out at Yugoslavian police officer Refik Ahmetović who was attacking a Dinamo supporter, during the Dinamo Zagreb-Red Star Belgrade Riot, at the Maksimir Stadium in Zagreb, Croatia, on May 13th, 1990. The Bad Blue Boys (Dinamo Zagreb fans) soon came to Boban's defence, acting as bodyguards.

168340599.jpg

May 8 1999, Third Division last season match between Carlisle United and Plymouth Argyle. Carlisle needed to win to avoid relegation but the score is still 1-1 with only ten seconds remaining and a corner to kick, the last chance. The goalkeeper Jimmy Glass went for broke helping his team-mates in the opposite area and sensationally scored from a goalkeeper's rebound, saving his team from relegation.

As a goalkeeper this sticks in my mind. I would only have been 10 when this happend :lol:

Pardon my ignorance but what is the top picture about?

Dundee United had beat Roma 2-0 in the first leg of the European Cup semi final at Tannadice.

They went over there and lost 3-0, apparently during that match Roma had sent all there ball-boys away when it went to 3-0 and years later it came out that Roma had tried to bribe the referee.

Dundee United had beat Roma 2-0 in the first leg of the European Cup semi final at Tannadice.

They went over there and lost 3-0, apparently during that match Roma had sent all there ball-boys away when it went to 3-0 and years later it came out that Roma had tried to bribe the referee.

Ah cheers might read into that actually. Thanks

0361007.4.jpg

Dinamo Zagreb captain, Zvonimir Boban, kicks out at Yugoslavian police officer Refik Ahmetović who was attacking a Dinamo supporter, during the Dinamo Zagreb-Red Star Belgrade Riot, at the Maksimir Stadium in Zagreb, Croatia, on May 13th, 1990. The Bad Blue Boys (Dinamo Zagreb fans) soon came to Boban's defence, acting as bodyguards.

Was that the game that was partly blamed for kicking off a Balkan war? I think Arkan was involved with Red Star?

162657_176652679038281_100000806498829_364831_2945542_n.jpg

Last minute of the last game of the season,2-2 in the nou camp, winner qualifies for the Champions League. Unless Barcelona score, Valencia qualify (on goal difference?)

Frank de Boer chips the ball to Rivaldo on the edge of the box, He takes it on his chest and arrows an overhead kick into the bottom corner.

Look at Baraja's face :lol: