David Healy to sign by the weekend

Amac9

That was 10 years ago.

Believe me, he won't be getting any sleep for the next few nights due to his excitement about this move.

He will be itching to pull on the Jersey, something I don't think we've had at the club for a while (tu) Really hope he does the business for us.

If he signs, then I'll back him 100%. At this moment, i think we could have done better, but time will tell. Also, this may sound too optimistic, but i doubt he'll be on big wages; this may allow us to bring in another guy too.

£30,000 a week apparently.

Either tell me you're ripping the piss, or get me a bottle of Smirnoff!

That was the figure being branded about when he signed for them.

But that won't stop this deal happening. I would put my house on Healy willing to play for less than £8k a week.

This is actually happening then?

Its went from me not wanting Boyd back, now I think Id jizz if we got him instead of Healy

Terrible signing, fair play to the guy he is a Rangers fan, but so am I.

Please prove me wrong.

Terrible signing I think. Another load of tosh like Beattie and Velicka. Far rather Novo or Boyd.

The people in here who would take that devious lying cunt Boyd before Healy need to have a long hard look at themselves, and question whether they're following the right team.

People with the ethics of Kris Boyd have no place at Rangers...and neither do the mugs who'd bend over and welcome the sneaky fat bastard back.

Welcome on board Davie boy, I wish you all the very best. (tu)

The people in here who would take that devious lying cunt Boyd before Healy need to have a long hard look at themselves, and question whether they're following the right team.

People with the ethics of Kris Boyd have no place at Rangers...and neither do the mugs who'd bend over and welcome the sneaky fat bastard back.

Welcome on board Davie boy, I wish you all the very best. (tu)

Well said.

RANGERS were last night locked in talks to land Sunderland striker David Healy.

The SPL champs moved for the record-breaking Northern Ireland cap after missing out on Kris Commons.

Boyhood Gers fan Healy has been out of favour at the Stadium of Light under Steve Bruce.

He has spent the last two months on loan at Doncaster Rovers and had hoped to force his way back into the Black Cats first-team squad.

But even the £24million exit of Darren Bent and injury to Danny Welbeck haven't led to a recall.

Ibrox boss Walter Smith has targeted him as a low-cost replacement for Kenny Miller.

Healy, 31, is the top scorer in Northern Ireland's international history, but he has dropped out of Nigel Worthington's plans after being starved of regular action at Sunderland.

He's unlikely to face Scotland when the Carling Nations Cup kicks off in Dublin in ten days' time.

But he could join Northern Ireland team-mates Steve Davis and Kyle Lafferty at Ibrox before the transfer window closes on Monday night.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3378562/Gers-in-talks-to-Heal-pain.html

Maybe I've had a few too many, but the pro's may outway the con's in this deal :crabflute:

This signing is in hope rather than expectation.

I just question the wisdom of signing players and hoping they'll be able to recapture the form of yesteryear, rather than signing somebody we expect to do the business.

We took a similar gamble with James Beattie, and it has so far failed pretty miserably.

Healy's background will ensure he gets a bit of time from the fans, but even at that, he simply will have to do the business for us eventualy. Problem is, he's did little in recent years to suggest he will be able to.

This.