David Healy to sign by the weekend

Amac9

of course mate i will put your name down....... hope your not getting a flight home early after the match, like last time :lol:

Thanks mate. Nah got loads more time this time round, didnt fancy running accross glasgow again. Last time nearly killed me :lol:

He IS signing tomorrow and we should ALL be behind him... Don't make any judgement til he's had a chance to prove himself. Where he's from or what team he supports is irrelevant.

Might as well get behind the lad if he signs and this does have some wickedly enticing potential for joy.

Davis turns and delivers a slide rule pass to Lafferty who beats baffles rasellik defence with sublime McMinnery and the ball falls to Healy who in turn bursts the fucking net.

Lennon expires :uk:

David Healy will be desperate to fire Rangers to SPL title, says Nigel Worthington

Jan 29 2011 Craig Swan

NIGEL WORTHINGTON last night insisted David Healy can recapture his heroics of Euro 2008 and blast Rangers to the title.

The Northern Ireland manager is convinced Ibrox boss Walter Smith can get the best out of the striker when he lands him on a loan deal.

Healy is on his way to Glasgow having lost his way totally at Sunderland and spending the last year on short-term contracts at Ipswich and Doncaster.

The 31-year-old failed to sparkle at either English club and is seen to be approaching the twilight of his career having struggled over the past two years.

But Worthington pointed out it is not so long ago that UEFA chief Michel Platini was handing out an award to the attacker for his scintillating international form which made him the top scorer over the Euro 2008 qualifying and finals competition.

Healy smashed a hat-trick against the eventual winners Spain during his wonderful run in qualification and caught the attention of every major manager on the Continent.

The Northern Ireland national team gaffer knows Healy has not hit such obvious heights in recent times but is convinced his best form can be rediscovered within the confines of Ibrox.

Smith has shown time and time again he has the knack of getting the best from players despite their status and Worthington can see him transforming Healy.

He said: "The first thing when asked to look at how things have gone for David is that you never lose the knack of scoring. That's an in-built talent.

"He has had a lean time over the past couple of years but when you are not playing first-team football, you lose some mental and physical sharpness.

"When you are training all week as David has done for the past 18 months knowing you are unlikely to play on a Saturday, it can't help. But all of that sharpness will come straight back if he starts playing games again.

"The bottom line is David is a natural finisher and has shown he has the ability to be one of the best.

"He still has time on his side and people should remember it was not all that long ago when Platini was presenting him with the Golden Boot.

"Most things he touched during that period for Northern Ireland hit the back of the net and I told him at the time it would be hard to keep up that sort of standard.

"David's big test is to prove to the management he is worth the opportunity of regular football.

"He's not played an awful lot over the past year and, with Rangers having plenty of strength in their squad, that is going to be a tough test for him.

"But I'm sure that if David can get himself back playing football again at Rangers he can regain the scoring touch he had at his peak.

"This is all going to be down to David and I'm sure he'll get great support and encouragement from the management at the club.

"It is going to take a lot of focus and a lot of hard work from him to get back to the form which he had not so long ago.

"But he has the answers if he gets the job done. Only David can do it, though."

Healy is a massive Rangers supporter and the international manager is convinced that can also help restore the fire in his belly.

He added: "It's a great incentive for any player to be joining a club such as Rangers with the chance to win trophies and medals.

"If he also supported the club as a youngster that just adds to the good feeling it will generate for him."

Healy will be welcomed into the fold by supporters who had grown concerned at the lack of signing activity around the club.

With top scorer Kenny Miller opting to reject a contract extension and moving to Turkish outfit Bursaspor there is a gaping gap in the ranks.

Healy will hope to fill the void left by the Scotland star and it will do him no harm to have some familiar faces within the group.

Midfielder Steven Davis and attacker Kyle Lafferty are both long-time international colleagues of the former Leeds United hero and Worthington is sure their influence will help.

Healy's form playing alongside the current Rangers pair is superb with a scoring record of almost one in two for the Irish.

Such have been his struggles in recent times he has lost that once-assured international jersey.

But Worthington said: "Of course, if you have people there you know waiting for you at a new dressing room it is always a welcome sight.

"It can help you to settle down and that is going to be a big help for David.

"To have the two lads Kyle and Stevie in there will make it easier for him to settle down and feel at home.

"As I have said the opportunity is there for David and it's one I'm sure he'll be desperate to take."

http://www.<No links to this website>/2011/01/29/david-healy-will-be-desperate-to-fire-rangers-to-spl-title-says-nigel-worthington-86908-22883427/

This is me just online after going out at teatime yesterday. David fucking Healy? Give me a fucking break, is this honestly what we are reduced to? Surely to fuck there is someone out there better than him with more attributes like pace for example and actually scores goals. I know he is NIs record goalscorer but how many has he scored at club level? Not many or at least not as many as you'd expect. We'd be as well signing Cadamarteri than him to be honest. Sorry to be so negative but this is just utters baws as far as I'm concerned :anguish:

This is me just online after going out at teatime yesterday. David fucking Healy? Give me a fucking break, is this honestly what we are reduced to? Surely to fuck there is someone out there better than him with more attributes like pace for example and actually scores goals. I know he is NIs record goalscorer but how many has he scored at club level? Not many or at least not as many as you'd expect. We'd be as well signing Cadamarteri than him to be honest. Sorry to be so negative but this is just utters baws as far as I'm concerned :anguish:

every signing is a risk, give him a chance, you never know he might surprise you

So, do you want him here or not MisterC? :lol:

Lets be honest, if we was going to replicate his NI form for any other club, you think, or at least hope, it would be for us!

He'll need to hit the ground running, think were all hoping for all our sakes he does get close to his old NI form.

Think Walter and Ally think he could also play that lone striking role in Europe as well.

every signing is a risk, give him a chance, you never know he might surprise you

I know mate and I hope I am pleasantly surprised, he will of course have my full support when he pulls on a Rangers jersey. I just think we could have done a bit better thats all. Suppose its a 'safe pair of hands' signing in some respects as he wont rock the boat or be mercenary in his nature.

I know mate and I hope I am pleasantly surprised, he will of course have my full support when he pulls on a Rangers jersey. I just think we could have done a bit better thats all. Suppose its a 'safe pair of hands' signing in some respects as he wont rock the boat or be mercenary in his nature.

and if that fails we can just get pished before going to the games