a message to the media

Guest Andypendek

I just thought you might have an idea given you're suggesting their partiality is beyond reproach.

I wouldn't ever say any media outlet is neutral, quite the contrary. Most are caked in bias for one reason or another. I would say the BBC are pretty good overall though, and indeed you defended Gordon Smith as one of the best pundits around?

How about Traynors quotes about the Rangers fans being the worst in Britain. That's pretty sensationalist. Or how about his sister papers's front page exclusive on a few morons in Pamplona? That was pretty sensationalist.
That's not attacks on Rangers, that's attacks on the actions of some fans? Traynor and Forsyth defend the club. It's the FTP brigade their campaign centres on as far as I can see.

And all good Rangers want to see the back of that I'm sure.

I'm sure in the past you've suggested that overall there is no negative bias towards Rangers in the media RE: the bigotry debate. So why have no media outlets (including the BBC) discussed the Aberdeen fans? Gordon Smith is a great pundit but he doesn't decide editorial content for the BBC.

Rangers fans are part of the club so when a newspaper attacks them - that can be described as attack on the club. But let's not argue over semantics, eh?

There have been several other sensationalist attacks on the club per se by other newspapers and journalists overall. Traynor and Forsyth have recently been jumping on the bandwagon and deserve criticism. I certainly don't subscribe to the 'Rangers hater' theory but in terms of impartiality, Traynor and Forsyth are as guilty as anyone when it comes to not covering the whole debate. More so when they don't offer solutions!!!

As I wrote last week, that makes them part of the problem.