Talksport and Galloway

Van Moyles

Was anyone listening to his show earlier where he made some sweeping statements about rangers fans?

Basically some we ned phoned up saying we should basically "send the nukes in" regarding the Iran situation. George's first response was to say are u a Rangers fan?

When the answer was yes, George made some sweeping statements reagarding all people at Ibrox are the same and everyone that hates him is a bluenose and he has never been proved wrong with this fact!

Another caller pointed this out to him but was shot down in flames was just wondering if anyone else heard it and had an opinion on it??

Personally its George's attitude that will never allow us to be free from bigots and the problems rangers face as a whole!

Until I read what you have said about him, I liked him on the whole , but if he is just a bitter Timothy then he needs brought down a peg or two, these people should not be allowed to get away with sweeping statements like that.

Guest orangpendek

that's what rival fans do to each other...he should be able to have a go at us and we should be able to have a go back. how i hate this phoney 'everyone be nice to each other' rubbish we have to put up with now. it doesn't even matter if he's talking mince, lets face it it wouldn't be the first time.

that's what rival fans do to each other...he should be able to have a go at us and we should be able to have a go back. how i hate this phoney 'everyone be nice to each other' rubbish we have to put up with now. it doesn't even matter if he's talking mince, lets face it it wouldn't be the first time.

the problem is that every media outlet is spouting this one sided pish. It may be mince that he is talking but the amount of mud thrown at us in recent years has led to lots of that mud sticking and everywhere you look now Rangers is becoming synonymous with Bigotry

Guest orangpendek

well to be honest...we can't really pretend that for many's a long year we were quite happy with that arrangement. i certainly don't recall too many people asing me not to sing 'no pope of rome' when i was younger. it's somewhat ironic that now, for the first time in my lifetime, that rangers are actively discouraging the bigotry, we're being accused of it. these people are thickos, shows you the level of education you get at a catholic school......ooops!! old habits you know.

I was listening to this, enraged I may add.

I txtd in to ask if he had a similar attitude in condemning Celtic fans who support the IRA killing innocent people, and if he actually knew the true meaning of the word 'fenian', which DOES NOT MEAN ALL CATHOLICS.

Needless to say, none were read out.

It was such a biased argument that all 50000 fans want to nuke Iran. Rangers have done so much to get rid of bigotry but how far can they go.

Some of the lowest forms of the low go to football matches what else can football club do to eradicate this problem.

Ghalloway is just a clone of McNhee.

They feel that slating us is there way of having a go at bigots but all it's doing is showing these pricks for what they are.

Rangers hating bigots who have nothing better to do than slag us off and suck up the arse of the Celtic mhedia..

Galloway is a toss pot,years ago at a meeting in Whiteinch where he was mp he started his crap about Unionism,Northern Ireland and stuff when my Dad(god rest his soul) banjoed him on the public stand.

I wasn't there but by all accounts it was hysterical.

Guest orangpendek

fancy that ! and him a politician too! tut tut!

honestly i think you guys are looking for angels instead of human beings with all the attendant failings therein. this is what the world is like, surely at work you have people who talk rubbish all the time, or display an unerring ability to get hold of the wrong end of the stick? why should things be any different for us as rangers fans than for us as workers, or drinkers in the pub?

well what are we advocating? censorship? coz we know we won't get balance, or fairness.

No nut you can bet your life if some of the things that have been stated by George, were round the other way ahnd he was told by someone he was just a scummy Celtic fan live on national radio his lawyers would be serving writ notices to the parties involved.

Galloway does this sort of thing all the time on his weekend shows (he's only on prime time just now because he's filling in for John Gaunt), he looks for the most outrageous caller who he suspects is a Bear (probably timmy in disguise) and puts him live to air, he then proceeds to change the subject completely to Rangers so he can have a good kick at the Gers by associating us with the callers outrageous views (finger on the volume control of course so that no one has a proper chance to come back at him).

By all means write to Talk Sport complaining about this character, he has recently lost one of his weekend shows so it's obvious he's now batting on a sticky wicket. Perhaps one last concerted push is all it would take to rid the airwaves of this bitter little man, either way he should not be allowed to abuse his position in this way by peddling his petty prejudices live on air. If writing you may also like to include the joke he told last year about Presbyterians (Presbyterians don't have sex in case dancing begins), I thought he was against belittling religions, or was that snide little sectarian remark just one more example of the notoriously hypocritical timmy double standards?

All I will say to end is that Walter helped this scumbag get elected when he was still in Glasgow ... hang your head in shame Watty!

http://download.yousendit.com/B3EFC91B11F72DF5

http://download.yousendit.com/426491A569334626

First one is more about Iran, Second call is about sectarinism

Summarizing it:

"this is not the slopes of ibrox park" - what the feck has that got to do with Iran

Says we want to bomb catholics taigs and tims

"Thats the voice of Ibrox" - so one guys opinion about something which has nothing to with Rangers is the voice of the gers support?

Keeps pointing out that the guy is a Rangers fanatic

The second link:

"im the person whos blood they were wading in" - i take it hes referring to the fenian reference. The caller was right then, he has no right to comment as he DOESNT know what hes talking about

Said "You tell me what u think" - then continued to shut him out so he could get his own opinion in

Basically states that celtic have no bigotry because they employed protestants - also referring to the fact that we didnt employ catholics, which is also a lie

And employed protestants "from the very first days of the club" - is that why they were formed as a catholic club then?

The guy was gonna make the point about us signing catholics before Souness and Murray and then Galloway cuts in...again

"Its not nitpicking if you go for a job then when they find out what school you went to, you dont get the job" - something which happened many moons ago, he also doesnt mention the fact that thousands of people (including my mother in fact) have been turned down jobs as teachers at catholic schools because they werent catholic and that many people werent allowed into a certain university/college because they werent catholic (this sort of stuff happens in the modern day)

"When a section of people are chanting at you to go home" - what about the current day "go home ya h***" or even "go home british soldiers" no mention of that?

Makes the "wading in peoples blood" comment again, referring that we wade in catholics blood - Another lie

Theres probably more that ive missed though

Guest orangpendek

for crying out loud - what on earth do you listen to him for? would you go round to your bitterest tim neighbour and ask him for his opinions? i think some bears are masochists in their spare time.

The only attention you should give that muppet is to send a strongly worded complaint to his bosses. Advise them you will no longer listen to the show until the matter is resolved. We have a huge support base, if the media realised they were about to lose all those listeners/readers/viewers, they'd soon stop spouting their garbage.

for crying out loud - what on earth do you listen to him for? would you go round to your bitterest tim neighbour and ask him for his opinions? i think some bears are masochists in their spare time.

Obviously you have to listen to him in order to gather ammunition to use against him, I mean you don't think that the CIA like al-Qaeda but they still monitor them B).

http://download.yousendit.com/B3EFC91B11F72DF5

http://download.yousendit.com/426491A569334626

First one is more about Iran, Second call is about sectarinism

Summarizing it:

"this is not the slopes of ibrox park" - what the feck has that got to do with Iran

Says we want to bomb catholics taigs and tims

"Thats the voice of Ibrox" - so one guys opinion about something which has nothing to with Rangers is the voice of the gers support?

Keeps pointing out that the guy is a Rangers fanatic

The second link:

"im the person whos blood they were wading in" - i take it hes referring to the fenian reference. The caller was right then, he has no right to comment as he DOESNT know what hes talking about

Said "You tell me what u think" - then continued to shut him out so he could get his own opinion in

Basically states that celtic have no bigotry because they employed protestants - also referring to the fact that we didnt employ catholics, which is also a lie

And employed protestants "from the very first days of the club" - is that why they were formed as a catholic club then?

The guy was gonna make the point about us signing catholics before Souness and Murray and then Galloway cuts in...again

"Its not nitpicking if you go for a job then when they find out what school you went to, you dont get the job" - something which happened many moons ago, he also doesnt mention the fact that thousands of people (including my mother in fact) have been turned down jobs as teachers at catholic schools because they werent catholic and that many people werent allowed into a certain university/college because they werent catholic (this sort of stuff happens in the modern day)

"When a section of people are chanting at you to go home" - what about the current day "go home ya h***" or even "go home british soldiers" no mention of that?

Makes the "wading in peoples blood" comment again, referring that we wade in catholics blood - Another lie

Theres probably more that ive missed though

Here's a thought for you, if someone on national radio had damned all septic supports the way that galloway does with us do you not think that lawwell would be on the phone to Talk Sport, informing them that their lawyers would be monitoring all future broadcasts for defamatory comments that could adversely affect the septic brand ... of course Murray's style is somewhat different, which is probably why we are now under a constant state of attack. That's the difference, they nip things in the bud where as we just let things spiral out of control :angry2:.