***The Official Champions vs Hearts Thread

Muff

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although David Healy has been used as a sub in recent weeks, he should get the nod ahead of Lafferty. We must get someone up there alongside Jelavic.

Lafferty, once again showed how useless he is, and will never make the grade as a striker.

It's painful watching Jelavic up there, working his socks off, only to see lump after lump thrown at him from our defence. He has very little to work with, the midfield don't seem to have the energy, ability or quality to support him, and he needs someone up there capable of taking a game and linking up with.

I don't know how mnay times Jelavic drifted out wide to pick up the ball, lift his head and see no-one around him or in the box.

Not good enough.

i missed todays game what was up with ness injured or just dropped?

Just dropped to the bench today, Edu needed game time and McCulloch is out for the next 3 games so i think it was just to give him a wee rest before a tough few games

Healy's last competitive fixture was in a 5-1 reversal for Doncaster against Leicester at the Wlaker's Stadium on 11th December 2010. He played 76 minutes. He may have played in some Reserve fixtures for Sunderland since then, I'm not too sure, but I'd guess won't be anywhere near ready to start on Wednesday night.

Healy's last competitive fixture was in a 5-1 reversal for Doncaster against Leicester at the Wlaker's Stadium on 11th December 2010. He played 76 minutes. He may have played in some Reserve fixtures for Sunderland since then, I'm not too sure, but I'd guess won't be anywhere near ready to start on Wednesday night.

Featured against Scumthorpe and Sheffield United in recent weeks, albeit not very long. Also played for the Sunderland reserves last Tuesday/Wednesday, and scored.

A better option that Beattie, Lafferty or playing Jelavic up on his own. Jelavic needs a partner.

Featured against Scumthorpe and Sheffield United in recent weeks, albeit not very long. Also played for the Sunderland reserves last Tuesday/Wednesday, and scored.

A better option that Beattie, Lafferty or playing Jelavic up on his own. Jelavic needs a partner.

Yes sorry right you are, 10 mins on Jan 1st v Scunthorpe and came on in the 95th minute v Sheff. Utd. on Jan 3rd. Wasn't aware of the goal for Sunderland Ressies last week but at least it shows he still knows where the onion bag is.

I think Healy himself would most likely tell you he's not near match fitness...but he's the man to partner Jelavic...he'll run the channels all day long and I can see them working well together.

Yes sorry right you are, 10 mins on Jan 1st v Scunthorpe and came on in the 95th minute v Sheff. Utd. on Jan 3rd. Wasn't aware of the goal for Sunderland Ressies last week but at least it shows he still knows where the onion bag is.

I think Healy himself would most likely tell you he's not near match fitness...but he's the man to partner Jelavic...he'll run the channels all day long and I can see them working well together.

I doubt he would - he's dying to feature on Wednesday!

I doubt he would - he's dying to feature on Wednesday!

Depend who he's talking to I guess ;) Wattie, I'm fit get me on the hallowed turf asap...anyone else, I probably need 2/3 weeks and a decent amount of game time to get fully match fit.

Actually the interesting thing about having guys play for the club that are fans too might suggest in the best interests of the team they're more likely to be honest with regards to their match fitness?

Wouldn't start Healy

McGregor

Whittaker Bougherra Weir Papac

Davis Ness Edu

Weiss Jelavic Naismith

Subs: Foster, Alexander, Kerkar, Wylde, Fleck, Lafferty, Healy

Would love that lineup, been wanting to see it all season (Miller instead of Jelavic for a while), we would run riot against any SPL team with that, but has Walter EVER played a 433?