Remember how everyone called Charlie Adam shit?

Canadaready

Charlie Adam  

232 members have voted

1. 1. Were we nuts?

• Yes, we were nuts to think he was shite
    • No, English Football is just insane

I'll guarantee you one thing....If Charlie Adam would have remained at Rangers, we would have been lucky if we got 500 quid for him off Albion Rovers in this months transfer window.

It was a good move for all concerned, so let's all hope that Charlie keeps piling up the plaudits for the next transfer window and that he gets sold for about 15 million quid.

The thing is though Oz...if a certain "Ma Baw and Ma Club" had been given the boot up the arse he deserved a lot earlier then perhaps Adam may have surprised a few of the brain dead in the middle of the park where he has played and excelled for allhis clubs...except Rangers.

We were the only club he has ever played for that decided he was a left midfielder/winger.

When he was at St Mirren my mates were always raving about him and how they hoped they could hold on to him when he was out on loan. Yes he made mistakes and tried the audacious but the one thing they kept on saying was that in terms of controlling a game and dictating play he was head and shoulders above anyone in the SPL at that time.

I don't know if i was posting on here at the time but on VB i constantly defended him because he wasn't overweight and unfit.On the contrary as Adam Owen said he was one of the fittest players at Ibrox.

He was forever given a hard time by the fans because he tried to impress (perhaps too hard at times).

And in his last Old Firm game he made the mistake of not telling Smith he was ill before the game and as a result he played awful and sealed his fate.

At the time it was the best move for all parties but Ferguson and Smith are as much to blame here as Adam.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not voted in this poll, I never thought he was shit but never thought he done as well as he could at Rangers whether thats down to the positions he was played in or his attitude/determination I'm not sure. He needed a move, a fresh start and he's taken it with both hands. Fair play to him for doing so and I hope he continues to impress.

The thing is though Oz...if a certain "Ma Baw and Ma Club" had been given the boot up the arse he deserved a lot earlier then perhaps Adam may have surprised a few of the brain dead in the middle of the park where he has played and excelled for allhis clubs...except Rangers.

We were the only club he has ever played for that decided he was a left midfielder/winger.

When he was at St Mirren my mates were always raving about him and how they hoped they could hold on to him when he was out on loan. Yes he made mistakes and tried the audacious but the one thing they kept on saying was that in terms of controlling a game and dictating play he was head and shoulders above anyone in the SPL at that time.

I don't know if i was posting on here at the time but on VB i constantly defended him because he wasn't overweight and unfit.On the contrary as Adam Owen said he was one of the fittest players at Ibrox.

He was forever given a hard time by the fans because he tried to impress (perhaps too hard at times).

And in his last Old Firm game he made the mistake of not telling Smith he was ill before the game and as a result he played awful and sealed his fate.

At the time it was the best move for all parties but Ferguson and Smith are as much to blame here as Adam.

Adam does try the audacious at times, but I much prefer midfield players who try something out of the ordinary than those who continuously pass the ball sidewards, or even worse, backwards when a break is on and the ball ends up back with our goalkeeper.

I agree that our system and tactics didn't do Charlie Adam any favours, but I always wondered if part of his problem was that he never actually felt part of the team when he played beside Ferguson.

Different players react in different ways and have to be treated like babies at times...some players need to be hit with a big fuckin stick, while other players (like Charlie Adam) need to be taken aside and praised for doing even the smallest things properly.

Adam is a confidence player and there's nobody better than buttering up a player when needed like Ian Holloway...and that's the reason (along with playing central midfield) why Charlie Adam plays as he does today in a league vastly superior to the one he left.

Anybody who has watched Charlie Adam in action every week as Blackpool won their way to promotion to the EPL and have watched his performances this season and still says that Charlie Adam is a shite footballer, really should not claim to know anything about football.

Charlie Adam isn't the first player to be classed as shite at one club and then prove otherwise when he goes to another club that suits him...and he won't be the last, so I'm happy for Charlie and I hope his star continues to shine for him.

Only a clueless dickhead would not rate Charlie as a special footballer. A class act with a wand of a left peg, wasted at Rangers in a defensive set up. Ran a mock in the Championship, running a mock in the Premiership and now on the verge of moving to Britains second most successful club. Amazing.

Well done Charlie, good luck

:praise:

Your username and that post don't really tally up, mate.

Season 2006/07 under Paul Le Guen Adam scored 11 goals in 32 apeparances including 3 in Europe in 7 appearances.

The talent was there we just never utilised it properly.

And if the talent wasn't there then clubs like Liverpool and Spurs would not be attempting to sign him.

Season 2006/07 under Paul Le Guen Adam scored 11 goals in 32 apeparances including 3 in Europe in 7 appearances.

The talent was there we just never utilised it properly.

And if the talent wasn't there then clubs like Liverpool and Spurs would not be attempting to sign him.

you make it sound like walter dropped him as soon as he arrived. but thats not how it was some of those goals and a good number of the games were under smith.

Is that so? I'm thinking about all the unfit players at our club and the only one that springs to mind has just been punted.

look at the size of bougherra's arse and performances of late and tell me if he is as fit as he should be.

fitness in the scottish game along with diet and tolerance of excessive drinking by management is deplorable and significantly affects performance against quality opposition.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-500969/Cousin-turns-Rangers-team-mates-blast-drinking-culture.html

"Rangers striker Daniel Cousin has launched an amazing attack on his team-mates ahead of Wednesday's Champions League showdown with Lyon. In an interview with a French newspaper, the former Lens player took a swipe at the Ibrox drinking culture and claimed he would pile on the pounds if he followed the same diet as most of his team-mates.

Cousin said: "The Scottish players like a good drink. What's more, they put their beer in big glasses here. It's as if they need it to recharge the machine. There are also chips and pizzas in the dressing room at the end of the match, plus Coca-Cola and ketchup."

when it comes to food and drinking walter is lax.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-500969/Cousin-turns-Rangers-team-mates-blast-drinking-culture.html#ixzz1Cjms39hd

There was an expectation that McLeish's successor Paul Le Guen would overlook Adam. But Adam started for the Frenchman. Le Guen addressed re-fuelling at Rangers and is said to have banned Monster Munch from the training ground. In turn Adam came up with the unforgettable dietary quote: 'I'd never really thought of eating salads before.'

http://www.dailymail...-Blackpool.html

Completly unrelated but I would love to see the diet plan that PLG implemented.

I'd also love to see Wengers one for the boys at Arsenal so if any of our fine members have a link to either then fire away ;)

http://www.dailymail...-Blackpool.html

Completly unrelated but I would love to see the diet plan that PLG implemented.

I'd also love to see Wengers one for the boys at Arsenal so if any of our fine members have a link to either then fire away ;)

"Extra large doner, large chips, extra bread, two litres of Coca-Cola. Oh, and put some salad on the kebab, please!"

He was playing shite with us but that was due to poor fitness and lack of confidence. At blackpool he was obviously alot happier and relaxed with his football and was allowed to flourish in a way that he wasnt able to do at gers due to the scrutiny he was under by our oh so vocal support.

Wish all the best for him now, if he keeps blackpool in the premiership this season which im sure he will do he should secure his move away this summer time and test himself at a higher level, and make blackpool a good bit of money also!!

Would like to see him at spurs personally

always thought he had potential to be a good player if given time(which you dont get at ranger),considering he was played out of position in almost every game at rangers,and only a fool would think he can play left midfield imo but we never paid a tranfer fee for him,so we shouldn't have been forcing him out the door. (tu) good luck to him (tu)

"Extra large doner, large chips, extra bread, two litres of Coca-Cola. Oh, and put some salad on the kebab, please!"

I think that menu has been slightly changed, casey, as they have become more health concious these days.

Here's the new one..."Extra large doner on Pita bread, large chips (no salt), extra Crisp bread, two litres of Diet Coca-Cola. Oh, and put some salad on the kebab, please!"...Potato salad, that is! :)

I think that menu has been slightly changed, casey, as they have become more health concious these days.

Here's the new one..."Extra large doner on Pita bread, large chips (no salt), extra Crisp bread, two litres of Diet Coca-Cola. Oh, and put some salad on the kebab, please!"...Potato salad, that is! :)

My mistake, Oz, but how do they remember all that after 10 pints? :D