*** Official Formula One 2011 Thread ***

Jamie1807

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great drive by Button again today :clap: Defo should consider himself the number 1 driver for McLaren next year. I also think McLaren are right on top off redbull in terms of performance so hopefully that will continue to the start of the next season. Still a few races left this season not much of interest though except maybe force india catching renault.

Oh and that wee dick Vettel won the championship also.

Even the best drivers have bad seasons where the car isn't as competitive as it should be and they suffer a bit for it, look at Senna in '92 and '93 when Williams were so dominant and McLaren's cars just couldn't compete, even with Senna's genius at the wheel.

:disappointment:

Mclaren should have it in the bag next year, Button is driving them forward! Not sure what Lewis has been doing the past few seasons!?!?

Don't think you can say that McLaren should have it in the bag.

I think they'll be stronger only if they have Button as number one driver, but I think RB will be up there and Vettel will get better.

I think they'll be stronger only if they have Button as number one driver, but I think RB will be up there and Vettel will get better.

You cant say anyone will have it in the bag but i reckon Mclaren are the strongest team on the grid. Ferrari development the last few years has been piss poor and lets not forget red bull is a energy drinks company they have no real history in motorsport, im not saying their 2 titles are flukes but imo one person has made that team and that is adrian newey. He could go to HRT the morra and make them world champions in 5 years.

My predication for next year manufactures tile is

1st Mclaren (button out classing lewis)

2nd Mercedes works (reckon brawn is due a bit of glory) shuay making a return to winning races

3rd Red Bull (vettel struggling with a slow car)

4th Ferrari (alonso carrying a poor massi)

If red bull make it 3 in a row i would be amazed. All depends if adrian newey can pull a rabbit out the hat.

I don't think Red Bull will be slow, I think it will be them and McLaren up there.

I do wonder Vettel has said he'd love to drive for Ferrari or McLaren, I wonder in a couple of years if he'll move to Ferrari and a massive resurgence. Like Schumacher did many yonks ago.

I think Button has already become number one driver this year unofficially!

You cant say anyone will have it in the bag but i reckon Mclaren are the strongest team on the grid. Ferrari development the last few years has been piss poor and lets not forget red bull is a energy drinks company they have no real history in motorsport, im not saying their 2 titles are flukes but imo one person has made that team and that is adrian newey. He could go to HRT the morra and make them world champions in 5 years.

My predication for next year manufactures tile is

1st Mclaren (button out classing lewis)

2nd Mercedes works (reckon brawn is due a bit of glory) shuay making a return to winning races

3rd Red Bull (vettel struggling with a slow car)

4th Ferrari (alonso carrying a poor massi)

If red bull make it 3 in a row i would be amazed. All depends if adrian newey can pull a rabbit out the hat.

fingers crossed! but doubt it, RB are still to strong, Mercedes will be up there soon but still think they are going to continue lagging behind Mclaren & Rb for a few more seasons. Hope Ferrari improve just cause i am a tradionalist

True mate, to busy doing adverts, voice overs for Cars the film etc....

Sad really, need his da back to put him back in his place

Absolutely.

He looked up to guys like Senna & Schumacher, they only did stuff like adverts etc during the break, not during a season.

I also think he's a tad jealous of Sebastian Vettel taking the 'wonderkid' mantra and of Jenson Button pretty much becoming number 1 for McLaren. I think things could get worse for Hamilton next year.

Need to try and dodge the result set my alarm for 6am and i ended up throwing it to the other side of the room :lol:

Hate watching races on the iplayer aswell and i dont like highlights in the afternoon they cut out too much, these fucking early morning races do my nut in.