***The Official Champions vs Motherwell Thread***

Muff

This would suggest Ness is definitely the one to be rested today, has anyone heard anything to the contrary?

Trying to quote #42 but Multiquote doesn't seem to be working today?

WALTER SMITH has revealed Steve Davis is to be moved back into central midfield to cover for the loss of Lee McCulloch as Rangers get set for a vital SPL clash with Motherwell at Ibrox tomorrow.

McCulloch is having surgery on Tuesday to cure a knee problem and may miss the rest of the campaign.

Smith is concerned that the loss of his experience will leave Rangers short in this area so playmaker Davis will be given a central role.

The manager said today: "I can move Steve Davis back into the middle now. He is more experienced. When you look at Maurice Edu and Jamie Ness they have not played a lot of football in their careers for different reasons.

"We can move a few players around. We have players who can play in a number of positions.

"Lee McCulloch was doing very well for us and it's a blow he is out injured.

"In fairness to Ness he has handled it very well so far. He has hampered by injuries when he was younger coming through the youth teams so he has not had many games overall.

"I think the five or six games he has had for us represents the longest run he has had fit since I came to the club.

"He is handling it very well and he is playing very well but like all other younger players, when you bring them in you have to be careful you are not over-playing them."

:mcgregor:

:whittaker: :bougherra: :bartley: :papac:

:davis: :ness:

:weiss: :diouf: :Naismith:

:jelavic:

as much as i dislike 1 man up front i feel it is our most viable option as i dont think healy will play. i wish he would but thats just the way it goes.

i'll say 3-1 jelavic x2 and diouf

I can understand why Ness has been dropped.

He has been great, probably our best player but he only made his first team debut a month ago and has had a fair share of injuries one of the reasons why we never saw him in the first half of the season.

He'll be back, don't all go in a tizzy over it.