***The Official Champions vs Motherwell Thread***

Muff

Playing a 19 year old defender in midfield! :lol:

Madness

Dropping Ness :angiush:

Naismith, Diouf and Weiss supporting 1 up front Jelavic?

Oh well. Lets go.

His strongest position is CB, but he can play in midfield.

I think Walter Smith probably knows more about Kyle Bartley than you do.

Guest KarlG45

I must admit, when I heard the rumours that Davie Weir was going to be dropped I thought "he must be injured", because otherwise I couldn't see Smith dropping him in a million years. It's just not in his nature - he's a naturally cautious (some would say over-cautious) manager, and given a choice between young with potential and old with experience (almost regardless of form) he'll go with the experienced player EVERY time.

*sigh*

If Bartley was playing CB, directly replacing Weir and Ness was alongside Davis I would have been delighted.

Alas, a 19 year old is not fit enough to get a run of games but a 40 year old is undroppable.

Madness

:lol: Im sure he does too.

Hes played midfield at boys club level, so i suppose he can play there :rolleyes:

He's played there for Sheffield United a few times.

Why do you spout pish? You don't have a clue :lol:doh

I'm sure I also read he's played there a few times for Sheffield Utd as well. And lets be honest, he's come through the Arsenal academy. Training there focuses on movement, awareness, passing, touch...things that our players sorely lack.

Yeah i read it too, im sure he will be ok, its only Motherwell.

(tu)

I cannot believe the reactions on here before Bartley has even kicked a ball. Its already a terrible decision by Walter doh

In fact, I can believe the reactions. We get it all the time.

Dont get me wrong, I wanted Bartley to play.

Just maybe thought instead of fielding 5 defenders we would of dropped Whittaker or Weir.

Got my hopes up :(

I cannot believe the reactions on here before Bartley has even kicked a ball. Its already a terrible decision by Walter doh

Every week, Walter gets crucified before a ball has even been kicked. RMs a joke at times.

Lets just wait and see how it pans out eh?

So Bartley will be doing McCullochs job, protecting Weir, instead of playing his natural position and replacing Weir and again meaning we have to sit back 10 yards to avoid getting caught out because of our persistance with a 40 year old defender.

no reason whatsoever to drop Jamie ness, none! Why has he dropped him? Walter thinks he knows how to blood youth, does he fuk! A stubborn old man who won't drop someone who is costing us points this season!

Sick of all the semtimental bullshit from us!

no reason whatsoever to drop Jamie ness, none! Why has he dropped him? Walter thinks he knows how to blood youth, does he fuk! A stubborn old man who won't drop someone who is costing us points this season!

He's bein rested, calm down. He'll probly be back in the team on Thursday, if not he'll play on Sunday.

Jamie Ness is 19 years of age, he's only been playing first team football a month and a bit now.

I'd love to see Ness on the teamsheet every week but he's had a history of injuries which prevented him from being involved with the first team sooner, as I've heard when Kevin Thomson was sold that Walter had a lot of faith in Jamie Ness.

He was left out of the semi-final and came back and he was brilliant.

Walter and most of us don't want Jamie Ness to be burned out.

So Bartley will be doing McCullochs job, protecting Weir, instead of playing his natural position and replacing Weir and again meaning we have to sit back 10 yards to avoid getting caught out because of our persistance with a 40 year old defender.

this

I can understand why Ness has been dropped.

He has been great, probably our best player but he only made his first team debut a month ago and has had a fair share of injuries one of the reasons why we never saw him in the first half of the season.

He'll be back, don't all go in a tizzy over it.

exactly mate he will play plent of games if he stays fit.