Deloitte Football Money League 2011

disgruntled_bear

is this for last season, because i was under the impression we actually had a higher average attendance than the tims for the first time in ten years? I think both clubs averages in the league were pretty close, around the 46,000 mark? They obviously took a bit of a hit due to mowbary making a total arse of it. In Europe, we played in the CL, they played in europa- they would have had 2 extra games in the qualifiers, but with the exception of their doing from arsenal, none of their euro games would have sold out. Neither did ours, but they were £40 a pop. The difference in gate receipts in europe should not add up to the £10m or so difference. In the cups, they went an extra round in the scottish, we went further in the league cup.

Basically, if these figures are for last season gate receipts alone, its absolutely shocking. Someone from the club owes an explanation as to why our main rivals can get almost a third more income on similar attendances. Especially in a season when we wiped the floor with them.

is this for last season, because i was under the impression we actually had a higher average attendance than the tims for the first time in ten years? I think both clubs averages in the league were pretty close, around the 46,000 mark? They obviously took a bit of a hit due to mowbary making a total arse of it. In Europe, we played in the CL, they played in europa- they would have had 2 extra games in the qualifiers, but with the exception of their doing from arsenal, none of their euro games would have sold out. Neither did ours, but they were £40 a pop. The difference in gate receipts in europe should not add up to the £10m or so difference. In the cups, they went an extra round in the scottish, we went further in the league cup.

Basically, if these figures are for last season gate receipts alone, its absolutely shocking. Someone from the club owes an explanation as to why our main rivals can get almost a third more income on similar attendances. Especially in a season when we wiped the floor with them.

they sold 47k ordinary season books last year.

they sold 47k ordinary season books last year.

there was plenty of games at the piggery where the crowds were really poor, although if they've paid for the tickets then it doenst really make much difference. There was certainly a few times when the reported attendance was less than what the pundits seemed to reckon was actually there.

any idea how many ST's we sell, id guess about 38-40k?

20% more seats and 40% more income is it not.

Haven't counted them but the irony is that they probably had more European games as they needed to go through qualifiers to get into Europa league last season.

The home gate differential has closed this year, in fact I think we are slighty above them. Plus their failure to get into Europe proper and us getting by Christmas will change things. I expect the 2012 figures will see this gap close completely