No Leader

Dado'sMulls

When watching the Gers in the past few weeks, witnessing some truly dire performances along the way, one thing I always seem to notice is we have no leader in the team. Davie Weir, you've been a great servant to us, but enough is enough. Hang up the fucking boots. You've had it. We need a captain to sort us out on the pitch when it's not going our way, but there's nobody willing to take charge.

If there's one player I'd absolutely love to come back to us, it's Barry Ferguson.

By fuck do we need our captain back in the centre of the pitch. Davis wouldn't be allowed to hide like he has all season, and that diddy Edu wouldn't be anywhere near

the starting 11. I didn't think we missed Ferguson when he left, but it's becoming blatant that our team lacks a leader and our midfield is soft as shite. We need a Barry Ferguson.

I agree, there wasnt a player out there today shouting at everyone to get there fucking heads up, get the ball down and get stuck in. Spot on, no leader on the park. I'll always be a fan of Barry Ferguson but no point looking in the past, we need someone with a bit of balls about them now, who can lift the team when we go a goal down, or if we'r simply playing shit which is becoming quite consistent.

There is not really anybody i could see being captain when Weir's gone and its very rarely a team would make a new signing captain so for me i would work with some of the younger players and mould them into captains someone who's gonna be vocal and inspire people when needed.. the only person that really looks like a captain is McGregor but some of his off-field antics probs ruined that and i feel keepers are too far from the action to be captains we'll see what happens i think it will be McCulloch next year.

Kevin Thomson, that is all.

I think he was the only person in a while who could have been captain someone on here has a picture jpeg or whatever it is called with thommo against keane the last time somebody showed signs of fight but pointless having a captain who would spend the majority of the season in the physios room

I remember Richard Gough saying that there should be 11 captains on the pitch and now it would seem we don't even have one :anguish:.

Captains are important for winning teams but they are even more important for teams that are struggling ... if you think back during most of John Greig's time (as much as it pains me to say it) septic were better than us and yet he still inspired us to win the Cup Winners Cup.