The MMA News Thread

Tam3r0wn

Lads I don't know if any of you follow Scottish MMA but a good mate of mine who writes for Fighters Only has a Scottish MMA podcast as well as an International MMA podcast (talking all things UFC, Strikeforce etc) which is free of charge on iTunes.

Worth a listen and it is really professional stuff (tu)

This is the facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/SFBMag

You can listen to stuff on the website: http://sfbs.posterous.com/

Or just search for The Scottish Fighting Breakdown Show on iTunes.

Also, he just released a magazine including training techniques, an interview with Ross Pearson and some Scottish News which is really well put together and a really interesting read.

Can be bought here: http://sfbmag.com/

I'm not getting anything out of this btw :lol: I just think it is great what he is trying to do for the sport in this country.

The Magazine will also be getting sold at upcoming Scottish MMA events. The next one is On Top 2 on Saturday

On that Cage Warriors event just seen a guy called Jean N'Doye. The boy looks very good. Crisp, accurate striking with power behind every shot and speed to spare.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him fighting in one of the big promotions before long.

• 2 weeks later...

Nate Marquardt didn't weigh in for tomorrows fight with Rick Story. Seems he failed his medical, no further details have emerged as yet.

Story will now fight Charlie Brennerman, with Kongo vs Barry now main event.

Dana White just confirmed Marquardt has been cut from the UFC.

Curious to find out just what the fuck has happened, think there is more to it than Nate not making weight.

This Toney v Shamrock fight will be quite interesting. Takedowns only allowed to last 30 seconds then the ref stands them up. If it works well then I think we'll see a few more boxers following Toney's lead.

It's a bit weird that no more info has been given about Marquardt.

Just watched Inside MMA there, Ed O'Neil (married with children) is on this weeks episode, had no idea he is a BJJ black belt under Rorion Gracie.

Not really news, just found it interesting.

Fucking hell what a finish. :D

I absolutely despise Pat Barry, so fucking well in Kongo.

I think Barry's one of the most likeable guys in MMA but that was a fucking insane finish.

Good event on the whole. Really impressed with Mitrione, Oliviera (despite the illegal knee) and Lauzon.

What a KO from Cheick "geev me the teetel" Kongo.

His chin is awful and is lucky Barry made a meal of finishing him off!

Say what you want about 'Cup Cheik', but one thing is for sure - he is one tough bastard.

I'm sure he's only been stopped due to strikes once, by the hurricane. Barry has power, I'm sure Kongo went out about three times within 10 seconds.

Say what you want about 'Cup Cheik', but one thing is for sure - he is one tough bastard.

I'm sure he's only been stopped due to strikes once, by the hurricane. Barry has power, I'm sure Kongo went out about three times within 10 seconds.

Mir hurt him as well but finished him with a choke.

Looking to get back into watching MMA. I was an UFC fan for a year so about year or two back but started to get a little stale imo. I like the look of Strikeforce though. Might give that a watch the next time it's on.

Strikeforce owned by zuffa now m8 but still running shows last few UFC shows have been good