The MMA News Thread

Tam3r0wn

Rousey is an Olympic medallist and a UFC champion, they'd be daft not to listen to her.

In pretty much any other sport a good to top male in the respective sport will be technically better than even an Olympic Medalist Woman. Don't see why this is any different.

Just seems stupid that they are getting women coaches.

In pretty much any other sport a good to top male in the respective sport will be technically better than even an Olympic Medalist Woman. Don't see why this is any different.

Just seems stupid that they are getting women coaches.

Her technique is flawless though. It doesn't matter about gender.

That would be fine if they were getting her to coach Anderson Silva and Jon Jones. She will coaching young men and women who are trying to get into the UFC.

And there isn't many Judo experts in MMA. She has a lot of expertise that not many others can replicate.

Haven't watched it again but round 2 was quite close. Thought Melendez maybe nicked it but can see how it might have gone the other way. Judges quite often give the benefit of the doubt to the champ in these situations. Would like to see a rematch. Reckon Gil would come out on top (tu)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Really hoping silva wins tonight, hope he gets to retire eventually with his unbeaten UFC record intact.

In saying that I've not been more nervous of him losing before till now, hoping he will come up with something special as per. History of struggling against wrestlers that press for the takedown.

Really hoping silva wins tonight, hope he gets to retire eventually with his unbeaten UFC record intact.

In saying that I've not been more nervous of him losing before till now, hoping he will come up with something special as per. History of struggling against wrestlers that press for the takedown.

You'll be hoping he doesn't fight Jon Jones then.

he also has a strong bjj game

Not a fan of super fights on the whole tbh. Plenty of competition within their own weight classes, would like to see jones fight teixeria after Gustafson as I think he will pose him the biggest test to date.

It's the $$$ that will ultimately decide

Anderson's getting old though and apparently he really wants one, as does Dana, so I think one will get made.

he also has a strong bjj game

There's a reason silva has been on top for 7 years and its because he always finds a way to pick the lock so to speak.

Watching the build up programmes and its clear silva has done his homework, training in defending weidman favourite submission moves (darce and guillotine) scrambles etc

Unfortunately I won't be watching live so will need to avoid this thread till tomorrow night

That fight was thrown. Anderson Silva no longer wanted the title, after 9 years of it he was bored. He didn't attempt to fight back at all, you could see he just wasn't interested; His post-fight interview confirmed he didn't really care, and doesn't want a rematch or another title fight.

Hence why this fight go so much hype & why other big MMA stars came out on Weidman's side.