The MMA News Thread

Tam3r0wn

The last season of TUF was on Sky Sports. Think it was on Tuesday night - after the US show on the Saturday?

Ah you are right.I remember watching the finale on sky. Thats a bastard, im moving house tomorrow, no internet!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone buying or watching Daley vs Diaz on Saturday ?

Im really looking forward to this and im going to buy it through Primetime on SKY, I never knew that Primetime did Strikeforce events.

They have all the Heavyweight GP events aswell.

Oh and Daley via KO !

£10 is it? Don't think I'll bother TBH but wouldn't mind watching it.

Diaz tends to be aggressive on his feet so he'll need to be careful....

http://i46.tinypic.com/hvrk9f.jpg

IMO the only chance Diaz has is if Daley gasses.

Daley has a mean left hook and I could see a left counter hook KO for semtex.

Heres hoping.

And aye its 10quid, A good card aswell with Melendez, Aoki and Mousasi all on the card.

Diaz stops Daley in what was an awful stoppage.

Daley caught him with a left and Diaz faceplanted and it wasn't stopped and then Daley fell without actually getting hit and it got stopped after some poor GNP.

Amazing fight tho and an amazing event.

Melendez was awesome and is the #1 LW in the world.

Was a good stoppage imo. Daley still didn't know what was happening when he was on the stool, normally a fight is up right away and protesting when they feel like the fight was stopped too early. Daley accepted it.

Don't agree.

If that was a stoppage then Diaz should have been stopped when he got dropped.

Daley fell backwards and looked rocked but he got hit with one shot when he was down and was still defending himself.

I'm embarrassed for MMA after that stoppage. Perhaps Dana and the Fertettis didn't want the big bad boogeyman being in the title?

If that was a stoppage Daley is already champ.

Fucking pissing off with that shite! Don't think I'll be watching that pish again, I knew I kept away from Strikeforce for a reason and there it is! EMBARRASSING!

I'm embarrassed for MMA after that stoppage. Perhaps Dana and the Fertettis didn't want the big bad boogeyman being in the title?

Fucking pissing off with that shite! Don't think I'll be watching that pish again, I knew I kept away from Strikeforce for a reason and there it is! EMBARRASSING!

Im raging aswell.

Never a stoppage and it was an amazing fight aswell.

Really wanted Daley to win aswell.

Hope that junkie prick goes for Miller, so big Jason will destroy the disgusting cunt!

EDIT: Watching it again now, when Diaz went down he was out!

He was definitely out.

I hope he gets his wish and gets GSP because GSP will fucking murder him.

Daley was robbed and im raging.

Griffin vs Rua and Silva vs Okami for UFC Rio

UFC Rio

Silva vs Okami

The return of Royce?

Royce Gracie return

Only one man that fits the bill for Royce IMO, the Gracie Killer, Kazushi Sakuraba.

Nick Diaz takes the huff and wants to move into boxing, possibly vs Jeff Lacy

Diaz vs Lacy

Guys, have missed a lot, have moved house and had a shitload of coursework to do, but will do my best to keep the news coming in. Only one of my mates is into MMA, so this is my only outlet for discussion, i stay away from MMA forums because they are full of tools. Look forward to having a good argument!

Griffin vs Rua and Silva vs Okami for UFC Rio

UFC Rio

Silva vs Okami

The return of Royce?

Royce Gracie return

Only one man that fits the bill for Royce IMO, the Gracie Killer, Kazushi Sakuraba.

Nick Diaz takes the huff and wants to move into boxing, possibly vs Jeff Lacy

Diaz vs Lacy

Guys, have missed a lot, have moved house and had a shitload of coursework to do, but will do my best to keep the news coming in. Only one of my mates is into MMA, so this is my only outlet for discussion, i stay away from MMA forums because they are full of tools. Look forward to having a good argument!

I wouldn't mind Royce vs Frank Shamrock.

Sakuraba is just better than Royce, there is no way it should still be down as 1-1 when Royce got done for drugs right after the fight.

You realise that the owners of the promotion have no say in who referees each fight, right? And I assume you're also aware that they have no say in who judges the fight, right?

With that in mind, why would one apparently dodgy stoppage give you reason enough to stay away from an entire promotion, given that the stoppage itself was entirely the fault of people unconnected to the promotion?

That said, I'd disagree that the final stoppage in that fight was wrong. I don't think Diaz could have complained if the fight had been stopped when he hit the deck earlier in the fight, but I also don't think you can complain too much that it wasn't. Daley wasn't covering up properly and was obviously going to take more damage than was necessary, so the referee stepped in at the right time.

Now that Zuffa owns Strikeforce, expect it to continue as an independant promotion for about another year, perhaps seeing out their current broadcast deals, before being absorbed by the UFC in exactly the same way Pride was.

Melendez is probably the best LW in the world, but as is the way of these things, he'll only get the widespread recognition once he's beaten the UFC champion. As much as MMA is a growing sport and it's making a ludicrous amount of money, the hardcore fanbase who are sufficiently aware that the sport exists outside the UFC is still pretty small.

You realise that the owners of the promotion have no say in who referees each fight, right? And I assume you're also aware that they have no say in who judges the fight, right?

With that in mind, why would one apparently dodgy stoppage give you reason enough to stay away from an entire promotion, given that the stoppage itself was entirely the fault of people unconnected to the promotion?

That said, I'd disagree that the final stoppage in that fight was wrong. I don't think Diaz could have complained if the fight had been stopped when he hit the deck earlier in the fight, but I also don't think you can complain too much that it wasn't. Daley wasn't covering up properly and was obviously going to take more damage than was necessary, so the referee stepped in at the right time.

Now that Zuffa owns Strikeforce, expect it to continue as an independant promotion for about another year, perhaps seeing out their current broadcast deals, before being absorbed by the UFC in exactly the same way Pride was.

Melendez is probably the best LW in the world, but as is the way of these things, he'll only get the widespread recognition once he's beaten the UFC champion. As much as MMA is a growing sport and it's making a ludicrous amount of money, the hardcore fanbase who are sufficiently aware that the sport exists outside the UFC is still pretty small.

I do know they have nothing to do with picking Judge's/Referee's but when its a title fight with 3 seconds to go and there was the same happening to the opposite fighter earlier in the round it's never a fair stoppage.

I wouldn't have Melendez in my top 3 not until he beats someone more one-dimensional than Aoki, same goes for Eddie Alvarez. Although to be fair I don't think there is a single fighter from Cesar Gracie's team I like.

EDIT: Pearson v Barboza announced for UFC:Rio :praise:

Definitely a winnable fight for Pearson.

Melendez is definitely top 3 imo. Alvarez isn't.

Wins over Aoki, Kawajiri x2, Thomson, Guida (was 5 years ago) are good quality wins. And he completely smashed Kawajiri and dominated Aoki. Definitely has a better resume than Alvarez or even Jim Miller or Anthony Pettis.

I do think Edgar is going to beat Maynard at 130 and stay number 1 though.

Can't wait for UFC Rio :D Will be an amazing occasion.

Also, for 129 is it bad that the fight I'm looking forward to most is Rory MacDonald vs. Nate Diaz? :craphead:

Melendez is definitely top 3 imo. Alvarez isn't.

Wins over Aoki, Kawajiri x2, Thomson, Guida (was 5 years ago) are good quality wins. And he completely smashed Kawajiri and dominated Aoki. Definitely has a better resume than Alvarez or even Jim Miller or Anthony Pettis.

I do think Edgar is going to beat Maynard at 130 and stay number 1 though.

Can't wait for UFC Rio :D Will be an amazing occasion.

Also, for 129 is it bad that the fight I'm looking forward to most is Rory MacDonald vs. Nate Diaz? :craphead:

Hopefully to see Nate get smashed. :craphead: