The MMA News Thread

Tam3r0wn

Has anybody here heard anything about Mirko Cro Cop moving in to wrestling.

A few of the wrestling forums I use have posted stories saying he's had talks with WWE and it could be a possibility.

He's certainly finished in the octagon, I'm not sure how he could be a wrestler as he has a number of nagging injuries.

Nick Diaz and Jeff Lacy have signed to have a boxing match after the summer.

Should be an interesting one. 5 years ago I wouldn't have given Diaz a chance but Lacy is definitely a shadow of his former self so Diaz has a chance.

http://www.boxingscene.com/nick-diaz-vs-jeff-lacy-contract-signed-fall-showdown--38892

• 2 weeks later...

Diaz wouldn't beat Koscheck, Fitch or Penn.

He has no chance against GSP.

Awww come on! He has a puncher's chance!

Surely GSP wouldn't want to stand and trade with him? And 25 mins of lay and pray would surely give rise to a reasonable sub attempt or two from Diaz - who's got better BJJ.

Just repaired my PC, not updated news in a while. Good effort keeping it going.

Saturdays picks - Rampage, Nelson, Browne, Story, Johnson, Stann, Boetsch, Tibau, McDonald and Escovedo.

Not too many relevant fights, but looking at the main card it should be exciting. All these guys like to throw hands and finish fights.

TUF 14 coaches announced. Good personalities involved :D

Coming to the end of season 13 of The Ultimate Fighter, the press and public alike have been anxiously awaiting the announcement of season 14's coaches. That news is finally in...

While many rumors have surfaced regarding possible coaching combinations from Wanderlei Silva and Chael Sonnen, Michael Bisping and Chael Sonnen, Nate Diaz and Georges St. Pierre, the UFC President Dana White finally revealed the two coaches for TUF 14. As previously revealed, Michael Bisping was supposed to coach this season of the Wednesday night SpikeTV reality series against Middleweight contender turned public enemy Chael Sonnen. Though after legal troubles and licensing issues have taken Sonnen away from mixed martial arts and his ability to coach on the series.

In his place will be UFC newcomer and former Strikeforce Middelweight challenger Jason 'Mayhem' Miller. Miller is known by many as the host of MTV's reality series Bully Beatdown and by perhaps even more for being involved in the bench clearing brawl in Nashville, Tennessee after inviting Champion Jake Shields to a title rematch.

The series begins taping this summer and will be aired in the fall. For the first time on the reality show, Bantamweights and Featherweights will be the featured weight classes.

http://www.8countnews.com/news/117/ARTICLE/3778/2011-05-27.html

Weigh-ins from last night for the 2 main fights. Rampage has one of the best stare-down faces in the history of combat sport. I keep trying to find his entrance for his fight against Dan Henderson in 2007 but I can't see it on youtube anywhere. His face when he made his entrance made him look like a proper psycho. He's a scary, scary man.

Weigh-ins from last night for the 2 main fights. Rampage has one of the best stare-down faces in the history of combat sport. I keep trying to find his entrance for his fight against Dan Henderson in 2007 but I can't see it on youtube anywhere. His face when he made his entrance made him look like a proper psycho. He's a scary, scary man.

Rampage and Wanderlei's staredowns are fantastic.

chsg9.gif