Sporting CP team news and injuries

Muff

Naismith, Jelavic (ineligible), Ness, McCulloch and Broadfoot out.

Naismith and Ness out for 2/3 weeks.

Kyle Hutton struggling with illness.

So there is not going to be much change in the team for the foreseeable future.

If Torres can play for Chelsea tonight after playin for Liverpool in the UEFA Cup, why cant't Jelavic for for us now?

Is it a different phase of a different competition it gets reset or something?

Because it's a different competition. If we got through to the last 16, Jelavic would be able to play

If Torres can play for Chelsea tonight after playin for Liverpool in the UEFA Cup, why cant't Jelavic for for us now?

Is it a different phase of a different competition it gets reset or something?

Jelavic played in the Europa league, although there was almost a get out, if his old team hadn't advanced past Aston Villa I believe.

Torres is entirely different, it's a totally seperate competition.

If we don't show up on Thursday like we did (or should that read 'did not'?) on Sunday then it's a moot point.

I fear it's ta-ta Europe. :disappointment:

Would that not be an advantage however? The tims want us in Europe for as long as possible

Sporting played last night, looked good at 0-0 but then benfica scored and then they played shite. Benfica also were down to 10 men for the whole 2nd half and still managed to score. Finished 2-0

Would that not be an advantage however? The tims want us in Europe for as long as possible

I never want to see The Rangers lose at anything. First XI, U-19's, U-5's, ladies team, tiddley-winks, you name it, etc, but given our depleted squad and knowing that this year above many others we really need to retain our SPL title - and for that reason alone I would forego all the other cups for the title.

So the short answer is 'Yes'!

I'd rather we were out the Europa League - we certainly wont be winning the competition and the more games, the more chance of injuries/fixture pile-ups.

Sporting CP are pretty average at best, and we should have been taking at least a 1-0 win with us over to Portugal. Wouldn't be surprised to see extra-time and penalties on Thursday. We always do things the hard way.

I'm more interested in a win on Sunday against St. Johnstone - league title must be won.

It's getting to the stage where watching Rangers is a chore rather than a pleasure.

Thursday is going to be brutal as he has even less options than he did for the 1st leg.

McGregor

Foster

Weir

Bougherra

Papac

Whittaker

Bartley

Edu

Davis

Diouf

Lafferty

Still can't see a place for Weiss or Fleck or Wylde.

Naismith, Jelavic (ineligible), Ness, McCulloch and Broadfoot out.

Naismith and Ness out for 2/3 weeks.

Kyle Hutton struggling with illness.

So there is not going to be much change in the team for the foreseeable future.

our squad was never going to allow much change. but we can effect some change.

our squad was never going to allow much change. but we can effect some change.

Maybe we shouldn't have released Webster and Velicka, sent Perry, McMillan and Beattie out on loan.

We can still make some changes, but not the ones we all want to see. For example; Edu, Weir and Whittaker out.

Sporting played last night, looked good at 0-0 but then benfica scored and then they played shite. Benfica also were down to 10 men for the whole 2nd half and still managed to score. Finished 2-0

Some parts of that sound so familiar

I never want to see The Rangers lose at anything. First XI, U-19's, U-5's, ladies team, tiddley-winks, you name it, etc, but given our depleted squad and knowing that this year above many others we really need to retain our SPL title - and for that reason alone I would forego all the other cups for the title.

So the short answer is 'Yes'!

Exactly this CB. And also I believe stopping them winning the league this season would screw them for a good few years.