Ally McCoist officially named as Rangers manager next season.

disgruntled_bear

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a strange statement to make at this time, we've known for months it was going to him so why make it official now?

Is bain making a statement too? When's this?

Some moron in the club thinks this will please the fans, to get them off Smith's back.

Not glad with this at all.

But good luck anyway.

Very strange timing so soon after an Old Firm drubbing.

Inevitably leads to questions and theories.

For what it's worth i must say i feel totally underwhelmed by this appointment and it doesn't get me excited for next season.

If a takeover is imminent and they have decided McCoist is the man then i would have to question their ambition right away by appointing a novice manager at such a difficult time.

If the takeover is dead in the water then the Rookie manager who won't rock the boat too mcuh or demand mega millions to spend is the preferred choice of the owner.

I hope Bain's press conference clears things up but i doubt it.

I think they have rushed the announcement to take the heat and focus off Sunday's defeat.

Some moron in the club thinks this will please the fans, to get them off Smith's back.

Not glad with this at all.

But good luck anyway.

If they do then they're more out of touch with the mood of the support than we thought, we've always known Smith is going so this changes nothing.

Not pleased either but he will get my support.

have some respect man, come on.

Also i would agree that if anything it would put the takeover in more doubt, because this seems to be the 'business as usual' plan. Although no-one knows what's going on. Will be watching the conference with great interest anyway.

He lost my respect long ago.

He would just be better taking full control the now.

We all knew we would go for the easy, cheap, simple move... That's how we operate now :disappointment:

Kenny McDowall to be his assistant manager :(

Strange timing indeed :unsure:

If McCoist has indeed be in charge for the cup games then I am extremely worried.

Smith and mccoist have both rubbished this claim repeatedly so not sure why it keeps coming up.

I just hope mccoist has some different ideas to implement which are currently vetoed by smith. Time will tell.