I am a bluenose, loyal and true...

Muff

It's Rangers for me, if you're no' a Ranger, yer no use to me!

Bluenoses are born, not manufactured. We do not choose, we are chosen. Those who understand, need no explanation. Those who don't understand, don't matter.

The Rangers are for life, win, lose or draw - I was born and I will die a Ranger!

Today it's officially been confirmed that Ally McCoist will be the new Rangers manager as of the 2011/12 season. No matter our opinions, it's been confirmed - the future of the club in this sense has been sorted out, and we can now move on.

I was born in 1984, I grew up idolising Ally McCoist - my dog is called Coisty, that's how much I love the guy.

Alistair Murdoch McCoist, MBE. 581 games, 355 goals for The Rangers.

As a player: 10 League titles, 1 Scottish Cup, 9 League Cups, 2 European Golden Boots, Rangers Hall of Fame.

As assistant manager: 2 League titles, 2 League Cups, 2 Scottish Cups... to date (we are still in four competitions).

It was an honour to pull on the Rangers jersey during my playing career, I have enjoyed working with Walter, Kenny McDowall, Ian Durrant and the backroom team as Assistant Manager and to be confirmed as the next Rangers Manager is a dream come true.

"Over the past few years I have been privileged to learn from one of the greatest managers in world football and Walter's record speaks for itself.

"The success he brought to Rangers during 9-in-a-row and the last four years in difficult times has been unbelievable and he has rightly gained the respect of everyone in the game.

"I am delighted to be following in his footsteps and I will do everything possible to bring further success to this Club. I have said it many times, Rangers is a special Club with a great history and tradition and this is the proudest day of my career.

"The fans have backed me for almost 20 years as a player and Assistant Manager and as a lifelong Rangers supporter myself I look forward to rewarding their loyalty by bringing silverware to our Club."

I was lucky enough to play for the club for fifteen years, but to think I'll be managing the club soon is an absolute dream."

The 48-year-old says there was no hesitation on his part when the role was officially offered to him by the club's Chief Executive Martin Bain.

McCoist added: "Once Martin and I had the discussion, with Walter involved, and once I was offered the job it was an automatic reaction to say yes.

"Rangers has always been my team. Since I was a boy I have supported Rangers and was blessed to play for the club then return as Assistant Manager.

"So I think I'm pretty qualified in terms of knowing the club and the fans, the players and what it means to people.

"I know how important it is to everybody and hopefully as manager I can help to bring the club further success."

He's not only one of us, but a Rangers legend, something we could only dream of.

Remember that famous saying...

To be a Ranger is to sense the sacred trust of upholding all that such a name means in this shrine of football. They must be true in their conception of what the Ibrox tradition seeks from them. No true Ranger has ever failed in the tradition set him

That pretty much sums up Ally McCoist's Rangers career so far, and let's hope it continues from now until the day he leaves the club for good!

Watched his interview today, and he spoke very well.

Personalities are different, you'll have different view of teams, different views on selections and tactics.

I will tell you though, if I am half as successful as Walter Smith has been, I will be thrilled.

That part stood out - hopefully he is his own man, but no matter what, he needs our backing, and I'm sure he will get it.

It's nearing the end of February, we are still fighting for four competitions - it's not been going our way as of late, but one result, one performance, can change that around. It starts on Thursday.

It's time we all stuck together. We have a part to play, just like the players and management. We have trophies to win - let's get it done, then we can welcome one of us, a club legend, a True Bluenose, into the managers office.

Super.jpg

SmithWallaceandCoisty.jpg

superally.jpg

There is a battle to be won, we'll be up for it!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's Rangers for me, if you're no' a Ranger, yer no use to me!

Bluenoses are born, not manufactured. We do not choose, we are chosen. Those who understand, need no explanation. Those who don't understand, don't matter.

The Rangers are for life, win, lose or draw - I was born and I will die a Ranger!

Today it's officially been confirmed that Ally McCoist will be the new Rangers manager as of the 2011/12 season. No matter our opinions, it's been confirmed - the future of the club in this sense has been sorted out, and we can now move on.

I was born in 1984, I grew up idolising Ally McCoist - my dog is called Coisty, that's how much I love the guy.

Alistair Murdoch McCoist, MBE. 581 games, 355 goals for The Rangers.

As a player: 10 League titles, 1 Scottish Cup, 9 League Cups, 2 European Golden Boots, Rangers Hall of Fame.

As assistant manager: 2 League titles, 2 League Cups, 2 Scottish Cups... to date (we are still in four competitions).

He's not only one of us, but a Rangers legend, something we could only dream of.

Remember that famous saying...

That pretty much sums up Ally McCoist's Rangers career so far, and let's hope it continues from now until the day he leaves the club for good!

Watched his interview today, and he spoke very well.

That part stood out - hopefully he is his own man, but no matter what, he needs our backing, and I'm sure he will get it.

It's nearing the end of February, we are still fighting for four competitions - it's not been going our way as of late, but one result, one performance, can change that around. It starts on Thursday.

It's time we all stuck together. We have a part to play, just like the players and management. We have trophies to win - let's get it done, then we can welcome one of us, a club legend, a True Bluenose, into the managers office.

Super.jpg

SmithWallaceandCoisty.jpg

superally.jpg

There is a battle to be won, we'll be up for it!

:praise:(tu):clap:

Superb post mate.

Obviously there will be reservations about his ability to do the job, but it would be like that with any manager nwho comes in. I've never wanted anybody to succed as much as I want him to and he lives, breathes and bleeds Rangers.

Fucking intae them Ally!!!!

Super Ally :praise: :praise: :praise:

Well said muff. There is folk on here who have got him written of before he even has a chance to stamp his own style on the team. Lets just hope the takeover happens and he doesn't have to scrape around for signings. The man deserves his chance and i'm 100% behind him.

Well said muff!

McCoist is the definition of a Ranger.

Let's get right behind him

A fantastic OP by Muff, I am much older than most on here but have been a fan of Ally since he came to the club and wasnted him to get the chance to manage our great club. I have no idea if it will work out, but I do hope it does.

I think this has been done today for various reasons, but I believe one of them is that it tells the players they are playing for their futures, lets hope they take that onboard.

:thumbup:

Ally wouldnt have been my first choice but now it is official we need to get behind him. Fantastic bloke, uber-Ranger, maybe, just maybe when given his freedom to make his changes this could be the opening few pages of the next glorious chapter of the Rangers story.

Gaun Ally, show the doubters, We are the People :21: