Derry's Walls.

.Williamson.

It's hard to get a whole bunch of people to learn all the verses I would enjoy hearing the proper version of it at Ibrox. I have been to Londonderry for the 12th of August and going back in March but I agree if you sing about it you should know the history.

Who says they are the wrong words anyway?

We sing our version.

Simples

Just about everyone that knows the proper lyrics.

Highlighted for you.

I'll tell you something else to annoy you.

The words we sing to the sash are wrong as well.

How many Rangers fans who sing it have been to Londonderry and been on the walls?

This Apprentice boy has.

It's hard to get a whole bunch of people to learn all the verses I would enjoy hearing the proper version of it at Ibrox. I have been to Londonderry for the 12th of August and going back in March but I agree if you sing about it you should know the history.

If you sing about it, you should indeed know the history of it.

Too many don't!

I take it that nobody agrees that it sounds stupid as fuck to sing, "The cry was no surrender, surrender or you'll die, die, die..."

I see where you are coming from with this and yes i admit its supposed to be "We'll fight for No Surrender" which is the way i was brought up singing it.

But at Rangers we sing "the Cry was"

This is something that has always bugged me, so I might aswell see if I can get an answer.

Why do we sing the wrong words?

That is something that has been bugging me for a while aswell. Did the original words get lost as they crossed the North Channel? One day we might find washed up on the Ailsa Craig a piece of paper with "We'll fight and don't surrender but come when duty calls" written on it!

I take it that nobody agrees that it sounds stupid as fuck to sing, "The cry was no surrender, surrender or you'll die, die, die..."

Yes! It means that the song doesn't even ryhme :anguish: Also later on after we sing "King james and all his rebel scum came up to Bishops gate", we say "with heart and hand, and sword and shield..." then it just fades out as if noone knows what to sing! The next line is ..."We forced them to retreat" people!!

Yes! It means that the song doesn't even ryhme :anguish: Also later on after we sing "King james and all his rebel scum came up to Bishops gate", we say "with heart and hand, and sword and shield..." then it just fades out as if noone knows what to sing! The next line is ..."We forced them to retreat" people!!

Does my head in aswell, most people just sing "we'll guard old derrys walls" again