Looking ahead

markybear

With ally being confirmed as manager for next season today, it raised a few question marks for me....

•If we don't win the spl this season what budget will ally get?

Even if we do i worry what his budget will be.

•With the suspected lack of funds does mccoist even have a snowballs chance in hell of competing with lemons side?

The biggest worry for me is contract renewal

Iirc mcgregor,Davis,bougie are out of contract in the summer of 2012

(feel free to add to the above list, i can't think of anymore off hand ATM)

They are not going to accept a severe wage drop to stay at ibrox, the Kenny miller situation all over again. So we may/probably will lose them in the summer. So where does this leave mccoist? Additionally we'll lose the loaned players, Diouf,Weiss,Bartley,foster

Without additions and minus the above 7 the squad will look something like this..

Alexander - steady

Papac (still in contract negotiations, we could yet lose him)

Whittaker - ATM :(

Broadfoot - better than Whittaker

Young Darren cole - good prospect (tu)

Big jig -steady

Naismith - hot and cold ATM

Lafferty - well he's here for a bit

Edu - his 1st touch & lack of readiness destroys my soul at times

Ness - I like the boy, I think he'll have a great career, big (tu)

Jelavic - will struggle with poor service if this list is correct come august

Healy - short term deal iirc, I think he'd do ok if re-signed

Beattie - has flopped if I'm honest :(

Fleck - not produced as of yet

Adding to this list is the youngsters such as

Wylde,Hutton,Little (feel free to add)

The team I've listed will not hurt the current Celtic team, money and vision is reqd

Penny for your thoughts troops?

Well bain said on rtv that we know were were heading and ally is an important part of that,

That to me sounds like a takeover is not far off and the appointment of ally is on the say so of the new owner

It still doesn't fill me with confidence, Bain more or less said the takeover is not his matter to deal with, it's MIH. He also said he's got to carry on running rangers, no matter the rumours (paraphrasing of course)

Naismith is hot and cold but McCulloch steady?

The only thing steady about McCulloch is his yellow card rate and the snail pace he moves at.

Naismith is one of the few good players we have and clearly lacks fitness plus is playing in a poor side under a clueless manager

Broadfoot better than Whittaker . . . WHIT?? :lol:

Whittaker may have a lot more footballing ability going forward (though I think Broadfoot is better than he gets credit for) but is also one of the worst fullbacks we've ever had.

Whittaker may have a lot more footballing ability going forward (though I think Broadfoot is better than he gets credit for) but is also one of the worst fullbacks we've ever had.

I agree whittaker is living off what he done last season, ATM i would pick big kirk over him anytime.

Same goes for davis aswell tho, he has had one good game this season v motherwell away

Naismith is hot and cold but McCulloch steady?

The only thing steady about McCulloch is his yellow card rate and the snail pace he moves at.

Naismith is one of the few good players we have and clearly lacks fitness plus is playing in a poor side under a clueless manager

McCulloch has been a big miss in the middle of the park, would rather have jig than edu tbh.

With a squad like the one in the OP, we'd be looking at something like this:

Alexander

Whittaker Broadfoot McCulloch Papac

Fleck Naismith Edu Lafferty

Healy Jelavic

Which makes for depressing reading.

That was my main point, that starting 11 worries and depresses me

I agree whittaker is living off what he done last season, ATM i would pick big kirk over him anytime.

Same goes for davis aswell tho, he has had one good game this season v motherwell away

Broadfoot is a much more solid defender

Whittaker is skinned easier than a ripe banana time and time again, no matter the level of

the opposition and his pussy foot passing is infuriating :(