Leave it outside the front door Ally.

2bob

Just a shame he never showed his love for our club in the last 2 Celtic games when he stood on the touchline like a little lost boy while our players were getting bullied all over the park. There was no emotion even when Lennon was at the side of the pitch giving one of our players abuse.

How dare you question 'The Ledge-Ind'. :sherlock:

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasting your time trying to explain it.

It would appear that as a Rangers fan in 2011 you have to like the filth,talk about them in a nice and respectful way and at all times disassociate yourself with our "traditions"

Not only that you have to accept their snide comments and bigotry without ever complaining because if you do you are a bigot yourself :rolleyes:

Rangers fans of today bear absolutely no resemblance to the fans i stood shoulder to shoulder with in the East Enclosure and the terraces of yesteryear.

Time for us to give up and hand the club over to the PC Brigade of 2011 it seems.

Adoniram what a great post and all true. (tu)

Ally might think Burns will be smilling down at him, but he'll be laughing like fuck at him if we lose the championship and cups to them.

Having said that, he has every right to have RC friends outside of the football fish bowl, some of them are decent, it's when they wear their colours and spout their pish that I dislike them.

He should never have mentioned Burns when wearing his Rangers colours.

I'm afraid you have totally missed the point the OP was making.

Okay, what was the point he was making?

"I don't want to be reading about Celtic love ins Ally...." I thought I covered that. He's a savvy media man, so he's not going to blast Celtic.

"... much as I also respected Tommy Burns." The OP expresses a respect for Tommy Burns - that's fine by me.

"Your first and last is to Rangers..." I do not see what McCoist has done to endanger this.

"... put distance between the taigs you and our club..." Almost impossible in a media, funding raising, and at campaign level (anti-racism etc.) So I don't see how Rangers can be at a distance from Celtic in these issues.

"... familiarity breeds contempt..." I'm not sure what the OP is inferring here. Is he saying that McCoist will become contemptible of Celtic, by being close to them? Given the rest of his post, I thought that would have been one of the OP's aims.

"...if you can't see that you are already of to a bad start." McCoist hasn't started yet.

McCoist is media savvy. He will not conduct himself in the manner of John Reid.

He'll keep clear of any unnecessary bad mouthing. He'll play it as it should be, and in a manner beffitting a Rangers manager.

Ally might think Burns will be smilling down at him, but he'll be laughing like fuck at him if we lose the championship and cups to them.

Having said that, he has every right to have RC friends outside of the football fish bowl, some of them are decent, it's when they wear their colours and spout their pish that I dislike them.

He should never have mentioned Burns when wearing his Rangers colours.

I'd like to withdraw every comment I've made on this thread and associate myself with the ones made here by ritchieshearercaldow.

He sums it up perfectly. :sherlock:

"I don't want to be reading about Celtic love ins Ally...." I thought I covered that. He's a savvy media man, so he's not going to blast Celtic.

"... much as I also respected Tommy Burns." The OP expresses a respect for Tommy Burns - that's fine by me.

"Your first and last is to Rangers..." I do not see what McCoist has done to endanger this.

"... put distance between the taigs you and our club..." Almost impossible in a media, funding raising, and at campaign level (anti-racism etc.) So I don't see how Rangers can be at a distance from Celtic in these issues.

"... familiarity breeds contempt..." I'm not sure what the OP is inferring here. Is he saying that McCoist will become contemptible of Celtic, by being close to them? Given the rest of his post, I thought that would have been one of the OP's aims.

"...if you can't see that you are already of to a bad start." McCoist hasn't started yet.

He'll keep clear of any unnecessary bad mouthing. He'll play it as it should be, and in a manner beffitting a Rangers manager.

How right Adoniram was and I am not about to explain it.

He seen fit to mention a former Celtic player AND manager who never disguised his loathing of Rangers especially in his early years. I knew him. I,ll ask you again WHY was it necessary to mention a former Celtic player and manager when discussing how excited he was at becoming Rangers manager.

He did not have to mention ANYTHING about them. Minstral is right where was the passion on Sunday when the LB was showing his team what it meant to him. Oh sorry we were keeping a dignified silence......again as a manner befitting a Rangers manager these days.

Wasting your time trying to explain it.

It would appear that as a Rangers fan in 2011 you have to like the filth,talk about them in a nice and respectful way and at all times disassociate yourself with our "traditions"

Not only that you have to accept their snide comments and bigotry without ever complaining because if you do you are a bigot yourself :rolleyes:

Rangers fans of today bear absolutely no resemblance to the fans i stood shoulder to shoulder with in the East Enclosure and the terraces of yesteryear.

Time for us to give up and hand the club over to the PC Brigade of 2011 it seems.

Piss off.

He seen fit to mention a former Celtic player AND manager who never disguised his loathing of Rangers especially in his early years. I knew him. I,ll ask you again WHY was it necessary to mention a former Celtic player and manager when discussing how excited he was at becoming Rangers manager.

He did not have to mention ANYTHING about them. Minstral is right where was the passion on Sunday when the LB was showing his team what it meant to him. Oh sorry we were keeping a dignified silence......again as a manner befitting a Rangers manager these days.

I've read the OP again. In my opinion I've covered the OP's words.

I suppose we're now talking about the link to a newspaper.

The link states that: McCoist's "... thoughts immediately turned to late CELTIC legend Tommy Burns." The quotaton marks used here are mine.

It is the newspaper that states that his thoughts immediately turned to Tommy Burns. That part is not in quotation marks.

The newspaper then goes on to quote McCoist. In what context were these remarks made? Was he asked about Tommy Burns? He actually might have liked Tommy Burns. The OP respects Tommy Burns, maybe McCoist was a friend of Tommy Burns.

I'd be careful about condemning McCoist on the basis of a newspaper report. I use the word newspaper in it's widest definition in this instance.

One chapel in Larkhall is too many for you, eh?

So who's the bigot?

I'll be sure to let my Larkie friends and neighbours know that you think their Protestant/Loyalist/Rangers ways are out of sync with your world.

PS. I wouldn't advise you to visit any of the many Rangers/Loyalist pubs in Larkhall - you might get frightened by the many photos of Her Majesty and various Rangers players festooning the walls.

now now i cant remember ever calling anyone a bigot.

i go to oneils in hamilton the decors more to my taste :)

I expect the Tommy Burns reference is because of the influence Burns will have had on his coaching and managerial career when Ally was getting his coaching badges.

I don't doubt for a minute that Ally McCoist wants to beat Celtic and will coach/manage with the same passion he had as a player.

People are quick to gripe about Lennon and the way he conducts himself in the media, then when McCoist comes out and speaks with some dignity people are quick to urge him to lower himself to spouting bile in the papers about Celtic. All that does is reflect negatively on us and motivates Celtic. Don't doubt that McCoist and Smith's mentality with the players will be different.

You can't have it both ways, at the end of the day.

The only bit of sense written in this thread :clap: McCoist will want to beat the tims in every game he knows what its like to beat them but after 90 mins the game is over he can do what he wants ,hes got the passion it needs to drive himself and the players on to succed :21:

The only bit of sense written in this thread :clap: McCoist will want to beat the tims in every game he knows what its like to beat them but after 90 mins the game is over he can do what he wants ,hes got the passion it needs to drive himself and the players on to succed :21:

Shame we never showed it in the last 2 games.

Don't think their is a pub called O'neills in Hamilton. :unsure:

would be the pub nearest larkhall. i thought it was oneills anyway last time i was in it was for beers with paul lambert and rab mckinnon before they flew out to germany and holland respectivly so that will tell you how long ago it was.

Big Deal?

There are countless Rangers players and managers he could have cited in his first Press conference/statement after his appointment - furfuxsake, he could even have mentioned his late Rangers-supporting Dad (my old man would have been the first one I'd have mentioned had I been in his position) - but no - McCoist gives it plenty for the ex-Celtic manager - one of the bitter type too.

McCoist needs to take a long hard look in the mirror today.

There will be plenty of Bears with their noses out of joint - I'm one of them.

Fuck Celtic - fuck Celtic managers - dead or alive - and, if he keeps this shit going - fuck McCoist too. :angry:

Birthday card pish.

Fuck McCoist aye? Don't for one fucking minute think you, or anyone in here, is a bigger Rangers man than Ally McCoist. Bunch of fucking uber fans spitting the dummy out. Pathetic.

would be the pub nearest larkhall. i thought it was oneills anyway last time i was in it was for beers with paul lambert and rab mckinnon before they flew out to germany and holland respectivly so that will tell you how long ago it was.

Yeah that's a good few years ago, showing your age up here :craphead:

Trying to think of all the pubs now :lol:

If it a go between Larkhall and Hamilton, then there is the Chatelherault Inn in Ferniegair. But saying that it's probably the old Sophisticats which is now all boarded up.

Big Deal?

There are countless Rangers players and managers he could have cited in his first Press conference/statement after his appointment - furfuxsake, he could even have mentioned his late Rangers-supporting Dad (my old man would have been the first one I'd have mentioned had I been in his position) - but no - McCoist gives it plenty for the ex-Celtic manager - one of the bitter type too.

McCoist needs to take a long hard look in the mirror today.

There will be plenty of Bears with their noses out of joint - I'm one of them.

Fuck Celtic - fuck Celtic managers - dead or alive - and, if he keeps this shit going - fuck McCoist too. :angry:

That I have to say pissed me off, up there with that tosspot that managed the sheep when he said I wanted to be at the glitterdome....why did he not mention Coop as he was supposed to be best mates with him, no need to mention that chump that he mentioned....is this the old aye everyone loves Ally even the mhank fans.

Yeah that's a good few years ago, showing your age up here :craphead:

Trying to think of all the pubs now :lol:

If it a go between Larkhall and Hamilton, then there is the Chatelherault Inn in Ferniegair. But saying that it's probably the old Sophisticats which is now all boarded up.

it is the old sophisticats mate. i remember now.

He is far to pally with the media this may be ok when you are a player or on question of sport

but he needs to learn not be so trusting when he is manager they will use his naivety against him

i am not at all sure he is naieve with the media.

experienced more like.

Birthday card pish.

Fuck McCoist aye? Don't for one fucking minute think you, or anyone in here, is a bigger Rangers man than Ally McCoist. Bunch of fucking uber fans spitting the dummy out. Pathetic.

Is that a fact? If McCoist knows the script then he'll know that you can never ingratiate yourself enough for that shower of Taig shite - they don't want to be our friends - they want us destroyed - and for the record, my "Fuck McCoist" was included with the following, "Fuck Celtic - fuck Celtic managers - dead or alive - and, if he keeps this shit going - fuck McCoist too."

Couldn't be clearer - he's gets a "fuck you" if he keeps this Selik love-in shit going. Despite his Rangers credentials if he cozies up to these bastards then he's not the manager for us. He'd be better served getting the Rangers supporters onside. We're his bread and butter not that republican shower of Provo-loving arsewipes.

His first order of business should be to stand up for us.

I'll not be holding my breath though.