Lafferty is a lone Ranger

djbroxybear

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be well chuffed if we get a win and progress to the next round but with the players moaning about how tired they are because we are still in europe what hope have we got ? And especially when the league is a must win this season ffs they should be honoured to be playing for the great glasgow rangers

Tbh mate i would rather we go for it and get beat, rather than going to defend and hope we get a result and end up getting fucked.

because of sunday, id much rather we went and just played a full tempo 90 mins, no matter the result! go enjoy our football and try get some form building for the league.

why take the chance of it going wrong in the first place? if we start 2 up top and it goes wrong then we're doomed. start with 2 up top and get fired into the bastards, we aren't capable of grabbing a goal and defending for the rest of the game when we're away anymore.

(tu)

absoloutly mate.

Im going to back Laff here. He proved in the 1st leg he can get the cahnces against Sporting. He has to show much more composure though

This.

He seemed absolutely desperate to score last week and I think that was his problem. If he can calm down and take a split second to think about things he'll tear them a new one.

This.

He seemed absolutely desperate to score last week and I think that was his problem. If he can calm down and take a split second to think about things he'll tear them a new one.

He really won't you know.

I know we should get behind our players and I really hope he proves me wrong but he has been dire for 3 years!! Apart from the very occasional decent finish he has done fuck all! If he didn't cost £3.5m he would have been binned long ago!

I feel sorry for the traveling Bears. Forking out a lot of money and having to suffer through this.

Hopefully Lafferty will do a job, I just don't see it.

1-0 to The Rangers.

(tu) spot on!

I was thinking the same thing. I feel sorry for the guys who follow rangers everywhere, who part with thousands of pounds a year to watch us.

7 old firm games = £280! That's half a season book! To watch us churn out the performances that would get football stopped!

Hopefullly when mccoist is in charge there will be some flair back in our play and a stop to all this negativity. 1 win in Europe out of 18 games shouldn't be hard to beat!

Pretty much confirmed on the official website that Kyle Lafferty will play up on his own.

Kyle Lafferty isn't a striker, so who knows why we continue to play him up there on his own?

Failure to score tomorrow night, and we are out. What are we going to do. Try and keep it tight, snatch a goal, hold on... because that certainly hasn't worked recently.

Even if we did play 4-4-2 and scored early in the game we would end up changing back to 4-5-1 and defending the lead for the whole game anyway whats getting to me is its a game we need to score so why dont we just go out play like its a cup final and attack attack attack what have we got to lose ?

haha mate play like a cup final? Do u remember the uefa cup final?

Pretty much confirmed on the official website that Kyle Lafferty will play up on his own.

Kyle Lafferty isn't a striker, so who knows why we continue to play him up there on his own?

Failure to score tomorrow night, and we are out. What are we going to do. Try and keep it tight, snatch a goal, hold on... because that certainly hasn't worked recently.

Muff looks like Walters sticking by his 4-5-1 system god knows how, but when i read Weiss in the ET i thought Smith has already discussed his game plan to the players. If lafferty plays up front he needs a partner imo even Healy can play up front surely with him its baffling.

If it's a European game we will see 4-5-1 set up defensively no matter what. I've said before I doubt smith even scouts our opponents, he shites it from everyone no matter how they play or have been playing!

Sporting Lisbon, couldn't buy a win and in total disarray, 4-5-1 with Whittaker in midfield.

It's embarrassing but hardly surprising.

Should have taken care of them at Ibrox. They really are not a very good side, make far too many mistakes, their manager is under enormous pressure and they have absolutely no confidence.

Very little fire power, the midfield is not what it once was, Anderson Polga has struggled with form, their defence is about as shaky as ours and Rui Patricio could organise a piss up in a brewery, could not catch a cold and his kicking is worse than that lanky, lurch piece of fenian scum, Frrather Forrthter.

We can be pretty sure Walter will try and keep it tight in the opening stages and not concede.That suggests a 4-5-1 and he probably feels Lafferty offers more all round up front than Healy.I guess Diouf and Weiss will be expected to support him and I can only see him bring on Healy when (its too fucking late) our game plan is not succeeding.Not my idea of how we should approach the tie but if Walter is as predictable as we say then thats how it will be.

If it's a European game we will see 4-5-1 set up defensively no matter what. I've said before I doubt smith even scouts our opponents, he shites it from everyone no matter how they play or have been playing!

Sporting Lisbon, couldn't buy a win and in total disarray, 4-5-1 with Whittaker in midfield.

It's embarrassing but hardly surprising.

Spot on mate i wonder if Ally will be making any difference now hes been named manager for next season, if we see 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 tomorrow surely he must have his ideas.