Walt playing more attacking was a Weiss move

WV18RangersvSporting.jpgVladimir Weiss and the rest of the players are faced with the knowledge that a defeat tomorrow night against Sporting Lisbon could potentially harm the morale of the players even further than the defeat to Celtic did at the weekend.Weiss could do little to influence proceedings as he watched on from the bench, but he is determined to help the team bounce back and he feels that Rangers had the better of Sporting in the first leg,

View the full article

Weiss gets a rough time from many of the fans and it would appear from Smith also.

He played in 2 of the 6 CL matches from the start...against Valencia when we played arguably our best football of the campaign and against United at home where we lost 1-0.

He hasn't started in the last 2 Old Firm Games either where we drew 2-2 against 10 men or in the 3-0 disgrace last week.

He played against Lisbon in what was a decent performance apart from the last 15 minutes when the entire team fell apart.

So it would appear that keeping him out of these big games is not exactly proving beneficial to our results or performances.

The feeling is he can't be trusted and is too inconsistent in big games. Well the players taking his place aren't exactly proving that assertion are they?

My view is he is being hung out to dry by a manager who isn't showing any great faith in him and team mates who are leaving him to try and do everything by himself.

Personally he would be in my starting 11 every week as a good old fashioned right winger.

I still can't believe Weiss didn't get on at the weekend.

2 down after 30 minutes and the management would have had an inkling all was not well with Naismith prior to the game and indeed during it.

The obvious switch to me was taking Naismith off there and then and putting Weiss on the right wing to attack Izzaguire and also to provide pace in a defensive role to help Whittaker when up against Commons and Izzaguire.

Hey ho Walter knows best though and another Old Firm humping ensued.

2 down after 30 minutes and the management would have had an inkling all was not well with Naismith prior to the game and indeed during it.

The obvious switch to me was taking Naismith off there and then and putting Weiss on the right wing to attack Izzaguire and also to provide pace in a defensive role to help Whittaker when up against Commons and Izzaguire.

Hey ho Walter knows best though and another Old Firm humping ensued.

If only. I still can't get over why Walter never did this.

Weiss gets a rough time from many of the fans and it would appear from Smith also.

He played in 2 of the 6 CL matches from the start...against Valencia when we played arguably our best football of the campaign and against United at home where we lost 1-0.

He hasn't started in the last 2 Old Firm Games either where we drew 2-2 against 10 men or in the 3-0 disgrace last week.

He played against Lisbon in what was a decent performance apart from the last 15 minutes when the entire team fell apart.

So it would appear that keeping him out of these big games is not exactly proving beneficial to our results or performances.

The feeling is he can't be trusted and is too inconsistent in big games. Well the players taking his place aren't exactly proving that assertion are they?

My view is he is being hung out to dry by a manager who isn't showing any great faith in him and team mates who are leaving him to try and do everything by himself.

Personally he would be in my starting 11 every week as a good old fashioned right winger.

your ignoring the celtc 2-0 game. also playing him on the left with whittaker leaves you noone to defend on that side.

i would play him as well but not on the right. partly as he has improved of late but mostly as you say because its not like he will be any worse than the rest.

If we had a right-back that could actually defend, then we might have seen Vladimir Weiss in his proper position. But since we have Whittaker and Foster, two of the worst defenders in the SPL, he won't play there, and even if he did, would be slated by some for not offering more in a defensive way - it's the Scottish way!

The thing is, Weiss does track back, he does put the foot in, work hard, in a defensive way, ask him to do more, and you might as well play him at full-back.

I long for a manager who signs players and plays them in their proper positions - instead of shunting them all over the park, or shoehorning them into positions to accommodate certain individuals. Not knowing that it completely destroys the shape and balance of a team.

If we had a right-back that could actually defend, then we might have seen Vladimir Weiss in his proper position. But since we have Whittaker and Foster, two of the worst defenders in the SPL, he won't play there, and even if he did, would be slated by some for not offering more in a defensive way - it's the Scottish way!

The thing is, Weiss does track back, he does put the foot in, work hard, in a defensive way, ask him to do more, and you might as well play him at full-back.

I long for a manager who signs players and plays them in their proper positions - instead of shunting them all over the park, or shoehorning them into positions to accommodate certain individuals. Not knowing that it completely destroys the shape and balance of a team.

sometimes he comes back. sometimes his head is in the clouds.

it probably is more than people make out. your right broadfoots injury has probably put pay to weiss at right mid.

sometimes he comes back. sometimes his head is in the clouds.

it probably is more than people make out. your right broadfoots injury has probably put pay to weiss at right mid.

Then it would have been Whittaker in midfield, which is just as bad as him at right-back.

Weiss has to start with healy and laugherty up front.

you having a laugh laugherty no way should he be playing if he scores i,ll eat my bowler hat.the first leg he could have had 3 or 4 goals if he was half a footballer.

I still can't believe Weiss didn't get on at the weekend.

maybe not started but when naismith went off he should have been a straight swap but no it was the fuck wit lafferty instead, nearly cried in the pub when i saw him run out of the tunnel :disappointment::crabflute:

Too much of a footballer for some of our older fans, that what I seem to find from the games.

I've heard people shout at him for 'too much fucking passing', which pretty much sums up Scottish football. If he was older, slower, not as talented and Scottish, he'd be in there every week.

No-one in our team bar Jelavic and occasionally Davis are on his wavelength, which means that he's often left looking for options at the end of a run, in turn making him look bad.

Perhaps if he just blindly punted the ball up to no-one, some more people would take to him...

Welcome to Ibrox where wingers are judged on how they defend doh

Too much of a footballer for some of our older fans, that what I seem to find from the games.

I've heard people shout at him for 'too much fucking passing', which pretty much sums up Scottish football. If he was older, slower, not as talented and Scottish, he'd be in there every week.

No-one in our team bar Jelavic and occasionally Davis are on his wavelength, which means that he's often left looking for options at the end of a run, in turn making him look bad.

Perhaps if he just blindly punted the ball up to no-one, some more people would take to him...

Welcome to Ibrox where wingers are judged on how they defend doh

your ignoring his not inconsiderable deficienies. thats every bit as bad as writing him of for not defending.

your ignoring his not inconsiderable deficienies. thats every bit as bad as writing him of for not defending.

Every team needs a creative spark that's not anchored by defensive duties as much.

Man United have Nani, Chelsea have Malouda, Spurs have Van Der Vaart, Dortmund have Kagawa, Munich have Robben, Madrid have Ronaldo and Barca have Messi.

They're not expected to chase the ball back to the by line and act as a secondary right or left back. But no, at Ibrox, it's 11 men behind the ball and everyone in the box for a corner.

Weiss is at this best when running at people and making/taking chances - why don't we let him do it for a wee change.

Every team needs a creative spark that's not anchored by defensive duties as much.

Man United have Nani, Chelsea have Malouda, Spurs have Van Der Vaart, Dortmund have Kagawa, Munich have Robben, Madrid have Ronaldo and Barca have Messi.

They're not expected to chase the ball back to the by line and act as a secondary right or left back. But no, at Ibrox, it's 11 men behind the ball and everyone in the box for a corner.

Weiss is at this best when running at people and making/taking chances - why don't we let him do it for a wee change.

i agree with that. but we cant kid on his passing isnt sketchy and his decision making dodgey.

older bears have seen real wingers of the quality weiss can only dream of. dont write of their views so easily.

i agree with that. but we cant kid on his passing isnt sketchy and his decision making dodgey.

older bears have seen real wingers of the quality weiss can only dream of. dont write of their views so easily.

I'd never write any of the older Bears' views off, that's where I've learned what I know about Rangers.

But to criticise a footballer for 'too much passing' is pretty stupid. I just think Smith is often too concerned about other teams attacking threat instead of actually giving THEM something to think about by leaving one or two men up.