Rangers v Bayern 72

Can mind that we attacked them straight from kick off and Jardine scored in the 1st minute, and Parlane scored our second. Even John Greig missed the game through injury but in those days we had a go at teams.

Exactly Minstral, brilliant atmosphere that night, total sell out AND it was live on the box, I seem to remember another team not being so fortunate that night. Oh how we laughed.

Can mind that we attacked them straight from kick off and Jardine scored in the 1st minute, and Parlane scored our second. Even John Greig missed the game through injury but in those days we had a go at teams.

What a night that was. Probably up there as one of my best memories :clap:

Changed days Buddy!

Exactly Minstral, brilliant atmosphere that night, total sell out AND it was live on the box, I seem to remember another team not being so fortunate that night. Oh how we laughed.

Was that the night they got pumped out the European Cup and they missed a penalty ...memory is a bit vague as i was only a nipper at the time.

Was that the night they got pumped out the European Cup and they missed a penalty ...memory is a bit vague as i was only a nipper at the time.

Adoniram was that the night Deans blasted his penalty over the bar, and our fans used to sing who put the celtic out the European cup Dixie Dixie.

The thing is, even though the Germans were full of Internationals, the confidence was high among the Rangers fans, unlike today, you wouldn't fancy us to beat a strong Bayern, Walter seems to fear reputations.

To much respect shown.

Your right mate. The Germans had an immense reputation but we never feared them.

Adoniram was that the night Deans blasted his penalty over the bar, and our fans used to sing who put the celtic out the European cup Dixie Dixie.

Thought it was between him and Connelly as i remember my old man telling me that both games were on the same night and they went in to extra time and lost on penalties.

Did we play Morton at Ibrox either a few weeks before or after that game?

Just checked and we did

1972-03-25 Morton 1 - 2 SL Report

My very first game at Ibrox when my Grandpa took me and i still remember sitting on the wall of the West Enclosure fascinated by all the noise and all the people.

I was just a nipper mind you ;)

Did we play Morton at Ibrox either a few weeks before or after that game?

Just checked and we did

1972-03-25 Morton 1 - 2 SL Report

My very first game at Ibrox when my Grandpa took me and i still remember sitting on the wall of the West Enclosure fascinated by all the noise and all the people.

I was just a nipper mind you ;)

I used to like Morton back in the day mate. We got some good players off them

sepp maier and beckenbauer pushing and shoving each other over jardines goal pmsl.

i was in the coo shed that night.

how many remember that.

you used to be able to wait and see which way rangers were hitting,and walk round the park to be at the right end.

brilliant

One of the great nights at IBROX and they still haven't found the ball that chunt Deans put over the bar in the penalty shootout that night at the glitterdome lol A week later 8 of the Bayern team played fro West Germany in a Europe qual tie at Wemley and won 3 -1 against England can also remember hthe Kaiser walking out of the box at a RANGERS corner in a huff.

We were in the 'Derry' that night, under the old shed...what a mental night that was !!

Ive got the game on DVD, with German commentary, fantastic singing, and the place was bouncing!

Was even better when we heard the scum missed their penalty!!