Weir bug has Gers in crisis

disgruntled_bear

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yassssss 5-4-1 in a game we must score in! Playing a team who are absolutely shite with less confidence than us!

We play 6 defenders and a defensive midfielder and 3 midfielders.

Wow what a night, I can't wait.

I need you to refer me to a post where you might, maybe even once, say something remotely positive about Rangers somewhere? HAvent seem to have seen any so far, you must be such a happy chap

outlaw

how can anyone be positive with a manager like that ?????????

Like what?

I can, its pretty easy. I am deluded in the sense that I think, one day, one day on the big stage, Steven Davis will decide to turn up. Maybe Lafferty will remember how to finish, Bougherra will learn how to defend, Papac will actually have a final ball....

The list goes on.

Smith is the LEAST of our problems. Our players are gutless. I mean, look at it this way, the argument used against Boyd is applied in reverse to Weir, out of loyalty and respect. McCullochs main job was to cover for Weirs lack of mobility and Bougherras inability to be a defender first and foremost, any surprised we look immensely fragile without him? Our fullbacks cant really attack for the same reasons, and, are getting pelters for it.

Tonight, 6 "defenders" in the side, regardless that Bartley also is a midfielder, and, (last time in Lisbon?) Whittaker has also been productive at RM over the years. Also, ignores Davis getting into his "favourite" position, where he is actually LESS productive than wider, but, fans want him in the middle... go figure?

Then again, with our defence, its hardly going to hurt having players with half that mindset in there.

:lol: that he certainly isnt!

And, Smith wont drop a player who is finished? thats a tad dramatic/unrealistic?

But Weir is a leader. You don't captain at three seperate clubs if you aren't.

And it's not dramatic/unrealistic because, rightly or wrongly, Smith doesn't think Weir is finished. That's why he's playing tonight even though he isn't fully fit and that's why he'll probably play every game between now and May.

There's 0% that Weir will be dropped because of his form.

But Weir is a leader. You don't captain at three seperate clubs if you aren't.

And it's not dramatic/unrealistic because, rightly or wrongly, Smith doesn't think Weir is finished. That's why he's playing tonight even though he isn't fully fit and that's why he'll probably play every game between now and May.

There's 0% that Weir will be dropped because of his form.

He "was" a leader (just mho of course fella). Of the field he is a gentleman and everything a Rangers captain should be, I wont diss him, but, he NEEDS to step down