Weir bug has Gers in crisis

disgruntled_bear

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

your probably right

I wouldn't be shocked to hear that Weir considered after Sunday to retire, Walter would have had a word during the week, basically said... To tag along on the European trip and decide after watching the game in the stands or something no far off, and released this story to the press.

Sometimes you need a wee spell on the side lines, to see if you still have the hunger to return.

McGregor

Foster Bougherra Papac Whittaker

Bartley

Diouf Davis Edu Weiss

Lafferty

Possibly?

Would rather play the young boy Cole at right back. My starting 11 would be . . . . .

McGregor

Cole Bougie Bartley Papac

Whittaker Davis Edu Weiss

Diouf

Lafferty

Davie Weir is still a hero in my eyes.

He can maybe get away with his lack of pace in the run of the mill SPL games but in Europe and against Celtic he is found wanting.

I look forward to seeing us play without the fear of knowing we have an excruciatingly slow centre-half.

Good luck to Kyle Bartley if he gets his chance in defence

If Weir is missing will be interested in what our team is and how we set up and how whoever comes in does-my guess is Bartley and a 4,4,2. We need to score today and want us to give it a real go-what saddened me more than anything on Sunday was the lack of fight and want shown by the team.

We all know he's slowing up and I think even weir will accept this himself, ppl have short memories, that disrespect would make ur blood boil

Spot on. Yes, he's slowed down a lot and this season's probably a bridge too far, and yes he needs maybe to step aside now because of it, but he has helped us out immensely since he joined, is a true gent and does NOT deserve to be verbally abused by supporters.

The glee is a bit disrespectful.

Especially with the alternative being a 19-year-old kid who nobody here has seen playing CH against decent opposition.

I still think big Davie will be sent out there with a cork up his arse. :sherlock:

I said CORK. :D

Spot on. Yes, he's slowed down a lot and this season's probably a bridge too far, and yes he needs maybe to step aside now because of it, but he has helped us out immensely since he joined, is a true gent and does NOT deserve to be verbally abused by supporters.

This (tu)

I'd like to see Bartley at CB for the rest of the season as long as he can handle it and he does well. However weir should be disrespected and ridiculed

McGregor

Foster Bougherra Papac Whittaker

Bartley

Diouf Davis Edu Weiss

Lafferty

Possibly?

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the line-up. Either this or Papac moved central (beside Boughie and Bart) in a back five with Foster and Whittaker out wide. Which wing-back would be on which flank is anyone's guess... They have both been played right and left.