Big names would’ve said no to Ally’s job

ShaneRalfRoss

I reckon that the bank know that without Champions League football, servicing the debt will be more and more difficult. That's why I'm confident that they'll give McCoist some money to strengthen in the summer, even if a takeover's not completed.

cant see it myself but who knows.

i am surprised at you muff given your article on the realities of next season for us.

noone in there right mind with a managerial pedigree would touch us at present.

we wont even be offering a decent wage.

Paul Le Guen... Everyone said we couldn't get a manager of that pedigree, and look what happened.

There are managers out there who would be attracted to The Rangers job - the club, history, support, facilities, chance to win trophies, Champions League football, the challenge!

No point in saying 'no-one would want it' - who did we ask, no-one... if you don't ask, invite applicants, then you don't get.

Ally McCoist was the cheap, simple, easy appointment, certainly not the best (and that is not a dig at McCoist).

Paul Le Guen... Everyone said we couldn't get a manager of that pedigree, and look what happened.

There are managers out there who would be attracted to The Rangers job - the club, history, support, facilities, chance to win trophies, Champions League football, the challenge!

No point in saying 'no-one would want it' - who did we ask, no-one... if you don't ask, invite applicants, then you don't get.

Ally McCoist was the cheap, simple, easy appointment, certainly not the best (and that is not a dig at McCoist).

things have changed alot since then.

i know i dont have to bullet point our situation to you so i wont.

you could carry on like celtc desperatly trying to get someone only to have to go back to ally cap in hand quite easily.

things have changed alot since then.

i know i dont have to bullet point our situation to you so i wont.

you could carry on like celtc desperatly trying to get someone only to have to go back to ally cap in hand quite easily.

Heres the thing, your entire argument/outlook, is based purely and solely on money. Not everyone is motivated by money, as Muff points out. The challenge! Explain why someone wouldnt want to come in to a massive club, and, try to revive its fortunes? How spectacular would that look on a CV? How satisfying would that be?

So, aye ok, based on money alone, maybe not, but as I said, thats not the only factor in a decision.

Heres the thing, your entire argument/outlook, is based purely and solely on money. Not everyone is motivated by money, as Muff points out. The challenge! Explain why someone wouldnt want to come in to a massive club, and, try to revive its fortunes? How spectacular would that look on a CV? How satisfying would that be?

So, aye ok, based on money alone, maybe not, but as I said, thats not the only factor in a decision.

to much champ man at play i suspect here.

how many managers realy take on thankless tasks for the challenge.

Champ Man? sorry, what? Thats a rather random comment, or are you hoping I am a 14 year old without a clue? For reference, Champ Manager is now shite, and, for the last few years Football Manager has been far superior in both sales and quality, given its the same coding team, but, its not important.

And, thankless task? Smith did for one. Perhaps my mindset is just far different from yours? I love a challenge, especially something that "cant be done". What more motivation do you need to prove people wrong? Rangers are a football club, people in sport, in the main, tend to want to win, and overcome challenges, and, making us a proper force again is a pretty decent challenge the way I see it.

Champ Man? sorry, what? Thats a rather random comment, or are you hoping I am a 14 year old without a clue? For reference, Champ Manager is now shite, and, for the last few years Football Manager has been far superior in both sales and quality, given its the same coding team, but, its not important.

And, thankless task? Smith did for one. Perhaps my mindset is just far different from yours? I love a challenge, especially something that "cant be done". What more motivation do you need to prove people wrong? Rangers are a football club, people in sport, in the main, tend to want to win, and overcome challenges, and, making us a proper force again is a pretty decent challenge the way I see it.

everyone likes to take layton orient to the cl but not when there career is at stake.

walter was given cash to spend and loved rangers.

everyone likes to take layton orient to the cl but not when there career is at stake.

walter was given cash to spend and loved rangers.

Oh I see, no, when I play it, I play as Rangers. No desire to manage another team :) And, that comparison is a little off the mark.

So, in your opinion, no decent manager in football nowadays wants a challenge?

This is the same scenario, more or less, as someone taking over at Liverpool, or Spurs, or, anyone in the EPL not called Chelsea or Man Utd. More money yes, but, the ratios arent far off. Only those 2 latter teams are likely to win it, so, anything else is a thankless task.

Sorry but I don't play Championship Manager or whatever it's called these days.

We could argue this all day, doesn't really matter now, Ally McCoist is the next Rangers boss...

There are plenty of managers out there who would jump at the chance to manage Rangers.

Yes we are in a bit of a mess off the pitch but we are still Rangers football club and the majority of managers would love to have that on their CV.

Oh I see, no, when I play it, I play as Rangers. No desire to manage another team :) And, that comparison is a little off the mark.

So, in your opinion, no decent manager in football nowadays wants a challenge?

This is the same scenario, more or less, as someone taking over at Liverpool, or Spurs, or, anyone in the EPL not called Chelsea or Man Utd. More money yes, but, the ratios arent far off. Only those 2 latter teams are likely to win it, so, anything else is a thankless task.

very well paid thankless tasks in fairness.

Rangers and Celtic were a massive draw 10-15 years ago when you knew you'd have £20 million to spend every summer and top foreign players would jump at the chance to join you

O'Neill leaving a stable EPL job to take over at Celtic wouldn't have happened if he wasn't promised the money to sign the likes of Sutton, Thompson, Lennon etc