Really hope UEFA decide wigan need to pay big bucks

For Webster when they meet today because I dont want him anywhere near the rangers 1st team. Might seem harsh but the guy is raw as hell, always looked clumsy giving away loads of fouls round the area when playing with Hearts and Scotland not to mention his embarrassing couple of appearances at Wigan. It seems to me that some bears are convincing themselves that Webster is the answer as hes relatively young and Scottish if thats all we need I should be in the team. <cr>

For Webster when they meet today because I dont want him anywhere near the rangers 1st team. Might seem harsh but the guy is raw as hell, always looked clumsy giving away loads of fouls round the area when playing with Hearts and Scotland not to mention his embarrassing couple of appearances at Wigan. It seems to me that some bears are convincing themselves that Webster is the answer as hes relatively young and Scottish if thats all we need I should be in the team. <cr>

i agree i dont like him and dont think he is the answer to our problems.

Formed a good partnership with Pressley at Hearts. Would usually be a Scotland regular. Good in the air and on the deck and plays it simple. Miles better than Svensson and Papac. I hope he signs and stays injury free as I think he'll be a good signing and will improve as he gets older.

Reckon Wigan will have to pay around £800k for him, we should then get him for £225-300k.

He was an average run o the mill joe soap sort of player with an average run o the mill Hertz team who were pesh and he coodnay get a game with run o the mill feckin Wigan :angry2:

Was that a Hearts team who started the season on fire until Romanov f*cked them about. A Hearts team who finnished 2nd ahead of us.

People are already getting on at Webster and he hasn't even kicked a ball yet for us.

Was that a Hearts team who started the season on fire until Romanov f*cked them about. A Hearts team who finnished 2nd ahead of us.

People are already getting on at Webster and he hasn't even kicked a ball yet for us.

Typical Rangers fans doh

If Webster plays for us I obviously hope he does well and certainly wont be getting on at him - Im just making my opinion known that I have seen a fair bit of him and hes come across to me as very raw and erratic, for that reason I dont want us to sign him.

I can't believe people are throwing text commentary around as "proof" that he isn't any good. If Smith is that keen on him, then he's probably seen him in the flesh a few times and worked with him rather than reading BBC sport live text update.

Let's judge him when we actually SEE him playing

Basically Paul Jewell said he didn't have enough pace to play in the premiership. He was often caught out here as well and his habit of giving away cheap free kicks also worries me along with his poor distribution.

However, he is obviously better than Svensson but then again that is not hard.

I can't believe people are throwing text commentary around as "proof" that he isn't any good. If Smith is that keen on him, then he's probably seen him in the flesh a few times and worked with him rather than reading BBC sport live text update.

Sorry but thats a bit of a daft comment with regards to the text commentarys its a bit difficult to find a link to a full replay of a wigan game to post on a forum! <cr> I think what myself and a few people have been saying is that we have seen him play a few times and are far from convinced.

He did very well for Hearts for a few years so if the price is right, I wouldn't be averse to him joining us. As a man-marker he's pretty good.

He certainly needs an experienced player alongside him and I'm not sure Weir or Ehiogu can be trusted for another 12 months of SPL football.

Sorry but thats a bit of a daft comment with regards to the text commentarys its a bit difficult to find a link to a full replay of a wigan game to post on a forum! <cr> I think what myself and a few people have been saying is that we have seen him play a few times and are far from convinced.

Apologies if you meant something else but it's depressing the number of times we seem to write off players before they even join.

I don't believe Webster can be judged on 4 or 5 games but I do think he will prove his worth for us in the longer term.

It simply is not possible to tell what he is going to be like for us but I was impressed whenever I saw him play against for us for Hearts and I'm sure WS has seen enough of him at International training/matches to know he's good enough for us.

Let's at least give him a chance.

At the end of the day Wigan will say he was playin for peshy Hertz who win more or less hee haw in the poor standard SPL.. and all he has is a couple of caps if he has any...plus in the end he couldnt even get aff the bench....

350.000 pound sir, theres yer change (beer)

At the end of the day Wigan will say he was playin for peshy Hertz who win more or less hee haw in the poor standard SPL.. and all he has is a couple of caps if he has any...plus in the end he couldnt even get aff the bench....

22 caps - same as Craig Gordon.

My fear is that he isso RUSTY from lack of games that we may be disappointed this season, but after a good preseason he MAY be ok. Personally I hope we go for a real GOOD CH in the Summer, but with Broadfoot signed I do not see it. Hope broadfoot is promising.

22 caps - same as Craig Gordon.

I dont know what he had before joining Wigan....I had no interest in him or Hertz whatsoever and I cant even remember him with peshy Hertz

He wasnt good enough for RFC before going to Wigan and that still stands...lets just say he has won a feckin watch if we take him on