Credit to Walter Smith...

Amac9

Sitting at 1-1 with 20 minutes and he took of Weir (who might have been struggling), took of Fleck and threw Weiss and Lafferty on in a 4-4-2. Then he took of Diouf and threw on another striker in Healy when he could have tried to sit back for the remainder of the match by playing another defensive minded player.

Many people have criticised Walter, and I have been one of them in recent weeks, about his reluctance to change things and go with a more attacking line up but fair play to him tonight for giving it a go and it paid off.

That is the kind of changes we should be seeing more often when things are going bad so for that I salute you Walter. You got it spot on tonight (tu)

Sitting at 1-1 with 20 minutes and he took of Weir (who might have been struggling), took of Fleck and threw Weiss and Lafferty on in a 4-4-2. Then he took of Diouf and threw on another striker in Healy when he could have tried to sit back for the remainder of the match by playing another defensive minded player.

Many people have criticised Walter, and I have been one of them in recent weeks, about his reluctance to change things and go with a more attacking line up but fair play to him tonight for giving it a go and it paid off.

That is the kind of changes we should be seeing more often when things are going bad so for that I salute you Walter. You got it spot on tonight (tu)

I actually thought that the system/tactics we used were just about spot on tonight. Our downfall is still individual errors of judgement. Overall we deserved that result over the two ties imo (tu)

I would love to agree with you mate but I just can't help thinking that we should have went at them 4-4-2 from the start, they really are a pretty poor team.

Don't get me wrong I'm not a Walter hater, but he does frustrate the hell out of me so often as I feel we give to many opposition teams far to much respect, but then again you could say the ends justify the means.

I would love to agree with you mate but I just can't help thinking that we should have went at them 4-4-2 from the start, they really are a pretty poor team.

Don't get me wrong I'm not a Walter hater, but he does frustrate the hell out of me so often as I feel we give to many opposition teams far to much respect, but then again you could say the ends justify the means.

I agree they are not a good side, in fact they are woeful, but let's say we went 4-4-2 from the start and were 2-0 down at half time.

We would have been up against it in the second half. Over the 94 minutes tonight Walter got things correct and we deserved to go through.

I agree they are not a good side, in fact they are woeful, but let's say we went 4-4-2 from the start and were 2-0 down at half time.

We would have been up against it in the second half. Over the 94 minutes tonight Walter got things correct and we deserved to go through.

It's all would have could have mate,I could also argue we could have been 2-3 up at half time and game would have been over, anyway we're through that's the main thing. (tu)

Maybe it was Ally who made the changes.