Walter's comments on replacing Dado....

Boab

Rangers manager Walter Smith admits it will be difficult to replace departing striker Dado Prso but has been busy scouting for new recruits.

"We are obviously looking to bring in players during the summer," Smith told Rangers News.

"Dado's decision was a big one for us because he is the type of player that you love to have in your team and we're disappointed to lose him.

"The search has started for a possible replacement but it will be hard."

Croatian international Prso, 32, will leave Rangers at the end of the season after accepting a long-standing knee injury will prevent him playing in a physical league.

And Smith has already been linked with Southampton's Grzegorz Rasiak, David Healy of Leeds, AZ Alkmaar's Danny Koevermans and FC Brugge striker Bosko Balaban.

"We are getting there and looking at a number of players, but it's frustrating because every game we go to now we are being linked with someone or another," added Smith.

"We have to put up with that and there is nothing concrete to report about any future signings at the moment."

Smith has signed up St Mirren defender Kirk Broadfoot and Falkirk forward Alan Gow on pre-contract agreements.

Grzegorz Rasiak, David Healy, Danny Koevermans and Bosko Balaban could never match dado. IMO we really need to spend quality money on a CF if we are going to get a player that would come near to him. Sadly we just don't have the cash tho. :(

Every so often I look at holidays to China, Singapore, Australia, etc. Some I even research what there is to see and do.

More often than not however, I end up not getting any of them and taking a couple of days in Argyll.

Think about it.

Lets hope you're on your way to China this year then. :rolleyes: