PC wont start up?

dc1872

Last night I shut down my computer, normally. Woke up this morning, turned it on and the "packard bell" screen appeared and then nothing .. just a blank screen but the computer lights etc are still on? Any help would be appreciated.

sometihng wrong with your bootstrap loader by the sounds of it. Try tapping F5 when you turn the computer onsee if you can get the advanced boot menu up. Should ask you for your OS and to press F8 to get advanced options for it. and try to get onto safemode.

If its still not moving past the post screen then you could be looking at maybe a new harddrive.

How clean is the inside of your pc?

Dust build up on the cpu fan will stop it booting so stick a vac inside give it a good clean.

a vac, are you fucking nuts? the vac that creates static electricity when it runs and can fuck up your PC totally...? bad idea.

a vac, are you fucking nuts? the vac that creates static electricity when it runs and can fuck up your PC totally...? bad idea.

Your a spaze, bet your one of these people that think u need to earth yourself before surfing the web.

I should have added turn off pc before sticking vac in but seeing your reply i now know that every detail will have to be added to my posts.

Your a spaze, bet your one of these people that think u need to earth yourself before surfing the web.

I should have added turn off pc before sticking vac in but seeing your reply i now know that every detail will have to be added to my posts.

aye.... And I use pocket protectors in my shirts aswell.... get tae fuck. putting a vaccum in a piece of electrical equipment to clean it is fucking moronic. Take it apart and do it fucking right if your going to do it. a few simple screws, it isn't rocket fucking science.

aye.... And I use pocket protectors in my shirts aswell.... get tae fuck. putting a vaccum in a piece of electrical equipment to clean it is fucking moronic. Take it apart and do it fucking right if your going to do it. a few simple screws, it isn't rocket fucking science.

this (tu)

Are you Neil Lennon , only your way no other way , im guessing all your pc shit spotless and never needs cleaned out.

My old house was at the edge of a buildsing site for 4 years and the shit it sucked in my pc was unreal, pulling everything apart every couple of weeks (which so called pc world experts would tell you to do ) would have been mental and sticking a vac hose inside (while pc is turnned off) is simple and RISK FREE!!!

Tard.

dont even bother Davy looks like someones minds made up, 13 years experience in the pc world has taught me that some folk like to make out they have experience because theyve built or added a new part to their pc but in real life know fuck all about componants or how they work.

dont even bother Davy looks like someones minds made up, 13 years experience in the pc world has taught me that some folk like to make out they have experience because theyve built or added a new part to their pc but in real life know fuck all about componants or how they work.

I actually work as an IT Technician so I've done a bit more than just adding an component to a PC.... And all i'm saying is why put a vaccum cleaner in your electrical equipment to clean it? Do it fucking right. And as for davy, not everybody on the planet lives right next to a construction site, actually very few of us do... So i'd say you experience in the past with this is quite rare.

Bottom line, if you want to clean your PC, buy the right stuff and do it right rather than sticking a fucking vaccum in it.

And to even get into this argument anyways, I doubt that the above problem is even to do with this anyways.