***The Carling Cup Final Thread***

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Big Eck has unquestionably improved as a manager since he was with us IMO.

I think people forget that he was only 41 when he first took over as Rangers manager, which is basically a baby in management terms.

I I know 1st_January_1994 would like to see him back and I actually think he's somebody who has unfinished business at Ibrox and I'd love for him to get the chance to finish it.

Well done Big Eck' :clap::praise:

This was really no surprise at all, Arsenal thought just turning up was good enough.

Birmingham players played on with injury. They give everything. Arsenal on the other hand, went into the game with track suits, Birmingham treated it like a final. Shocking all round. I can not believe that peice of defending. :anguish:

Birmingham players played on with injury. They give everything. Arsenal on the other hand, went into the game with track suits, Birmingham treated it like a final. Shocking all round. I can not believe that peice of defending. :anguish:

I think once van persie went off they lost their best chance of winning as he looked like he wanted to win.

What do you make of the future of Arsenal now KGB?

Still three competitions left this season that could realistically be won, but today was such a big chance for them to end that trophy doubt and show they've stopped blowing it in big games.

I didn't see the game bar the last 14 minutes or so when I came back from Ibrox, but it sounds like Birmingham just wanted it more. Disgraceful when you consider how long Arsenal have been without a trophy.

What do you make of the future of Arsenal now KGB?

Still three competitions left this season that could realistically be won, but today was such a big chance for them to end that trophy doubt and show they've stopped blowing it in big games.

I didn't see the game bar the last 14 minutes or so when I came back from Ibrox, but it sounds like Birmingham just wanted it more. Disgraceful when you consider how long Arsenal have been without a trophy.

I agree. It was a disgrace. The team will need to come together in a big way to win something this season but this was a big blow.

Never saw the game but once again it goes to show that Arsenal are a bunch of bottlers and Arsene Wenger is a stubborn man!

Heard that it was a defensive blunder at the end - not surprised as their defence is terrible. Laurent Koscielny is an absolute bomb-scare!