***The Official bheggars vs. The Rangers Thread***

Muff

I actually agree with the 5-3-2 formation with three centre halfs and two wing backs. Two AM's as well please. We can't go out with the same team as the last Porkhead game and have the abiltiy to mix it up.

Now fancy us to to win this game, what a difference a week makes !

I expect something like

Shagger

Foster Boughy Weir Bartley Papac

Whittaker Davis Edu Weiss

Jelavic

Alas it should be more like

Shagger

Foster Boughy Bartley Papac

Weiss Davis Edu Wylde

Diouf

Jelavic

So what is the latest on Jamie Ness?

This is the team I think Walter will go for, I hope he puts 2 up front and gets into them but it probably won't happen :(

:mcgregor:

:whittaker: :bougherra: :weir: :bartley: :papac:

:diouf: :davis: :edu: :lafferty:

:jelavic:

This would be my team:

:mcgregor:

:whittaker: :bougherra: :bartley: :papac:

:diouf: :davis: :edu: :wylde:

:healy: :jelavic:

Subs: Alexander, Foster, Fleck, Lafferty, Weir, Kerkar and Hutton.

A win tomorrow would be everything. It would lower their morale and boost ours, they reckon they're unstoppable so I say we tear them apart. Attack from the very beginning to the end.

Walter will play Weir so we'll have to sit back to suit him, ruining our chances for goals...why he continues to play him in OF derby games is beyond me.

Anyway, let's do this Rangers...losing this match is NOT an option :21:(tu)

Will Walter learn ? Time will tell, but he's had more than enough evidence and advice over the past few weeks to realise what we have to do to get the better of RAceltic.

Firstly we must stop their fullbacks from playing like out and out wingers. To do this we must make them do the job they are primarily meant to do and that is defend. To do this we must ensure that they are on the backffoot at every opportunity and are reluctant to get forward too often.

The only way to ensure they are hesitant in going forward is to make sure we have a pacey player up against them who can hurt them with quick counter attacks.

Secondly we must win the midfield battle, or at least make an even contest of it. Closing down quickly when they have possession and being more composed when we have the ball.

We have lacked 2 things in abundance in our last 2 meetings with them and that is pace and creativity. I see many people hoping for 2 up front for us but that is pointless unless we can get them the supply they need to have an impact. We can talk all day about formations and tactics but really what Walter must get right is the personell.

We still don't know if Weiss will be fit but if he is then he simply must play. Put him on the right wing against that Izaguire and I guarantee he won't be bombing forward the way he has done recently, simply because he will be preoccupied with Weiss. If however Walter fails to do this again which lets be honest is likely and puts the likes of Whittaker against him then he will be able to get forward without being too concerned.

The same should be done on the other side of the pitch and I'd go for Wylde in that position. He has good pace, is direct and is good defensively also.

My team would be - M'Gregor, (RB) Whittaker, Bougherra, Bartley, (LB) Papac

(RW) Weiss, (CM) Davis, (CM) Edu, (LW) Wylde

(Free role) Diouf, (ST) Jelavic

Because of our small squad and extremely limited options Walter may be forced to incorporate a few unexpected tactical/personnel changes especially if Weiss doesn't make it. I think Lafferty could be best suited to a central midfield role against them. I realise this will be highly controversial but, we need to ensure we compete physically in there and I'm convinced he has the tools and athleticism to battle it out with Kayal and Brown?

Zaluska

Wilson, Majstorovic, Mulgrew, Izaguirre

Jelavic

Brown, Kayal, Ki, Commons

Diouf, Edu, Bartley, Davis, Whittaker

Hooper, Samaras

Papac, Weir, Bougherra, Foster

McGregor

McGregor

Whittaker Bougherra Bartley Papac

Weiss Davis Edu Diouf

Fleck

Jelavic

If Weiss is out I would bring Wylde in on the left and put Diouf on the right

Completely agree with this line up (tu) If Ness was fit I would replace him with Edu.

Regardless of what team Walter puts out tomorrow, I think this game is in the bag.

The rule of 3 is in full effect with the big games... first up was Birmingham who play in blue. Then Chelsea tonight who of course play in blue. Now I wonder what team will be playing in blue tomorrow?! ;)

Get the beers in and relax :sherlock::cheers:

Regardless of what team Walter puts out tomorrow, I think this game is in the bag.

The rule of 3 is in full effect with the big games... first up was Birmingham who play in blue. Then Chelsea tonight who of course play in blue. Now I wonder what team will be playing in blue tomorrow?! ;)

Get the beers in and relax :sherlock::cheers:

like the logic :craphead: i will concur with those sentiments!!!

McGregor

Foster Bougherra Papac Whittaker

Bartley - Ness is injured

Weiss Davis Diouf

Jelavic Healy

Wouldnt have Edu anywhere near the place..used to rate him very highly as well..fuck knows whats happened a total bombscare worse than Konterman!

Tht team is more than capable of winning imo!