Broadfoot ?

rfcfraserrfc

He'll be handy to have back though I hope he's not Weir's replacement for next year.

He's much better defensively than Whittaker as said in this topic. I think he's better technically than some people think too.

Whittaker's defending is underrated.

It's as if people can't wait until he has a poor-ish game so they can overreact and go through him.

In every aspect, Whittaker is a better footballer than Broadfoot when on form.

He'll be a centre half next season without question

Definitely, but every time I think of him at centre half I think of that wee scrote McDonald turning him in the 1-0 game at Ibrox or the cup final against the beggars :anguish:

Terrible centre half, half decent right back. In a ideal world he should be near the Rangers team.

The thought of him at centre half is depressing.

He's about as mobile as Weir, but nowhere near as good. Which is a concern!

I'd have to agree with you on that one mate!

Although I have to disagree with you on the Whittaker subject...I can not remember seeing such a poor defender at Rangers in decades as Steven Whittaker.

He's a different proposition going forward, but as a defender, I'd rather he wasn't there.

It's as if people can't wait until he has a poor-ish game so they can overreact and go through him.

perhaps but his forms all based on confidence and he has none.

Have to agree with you mate. as soon as something goes wrong you know who's getting it in the neck straight away, quickly followed by Edu. If we get beat on wednesday, I guarantee it will be their fault. On here anyway.

You guys want him to play.... so if things go wrong then you have your scapegoat but if he plays decent like Foster you start a thread take a bow son ... it's funny because the people that don't rate him are usually 40+ old guys behind a computer screen thinkin they know shit about footbaoll

I'd have to agree with you on that one mate!

Although I have to disagree with you on the Whittaker subject...I can not remember seeing such a poor defender at Rangers in decades as Steven Whittaker.

He's a different proposition going forward, but as a defender, I'd rather he wasn't there.

Broadfoot is way ahead of Whittaker as a right back.What lets him down is his lack of pace though which Whittaker can sometimes use to rescue calamitous situations.

Broadfoot gets a lot tighter on his opposite number and doesn't dive in to tackles the way Whittaker does.He is also far better at shepherding a player to the byeline and not getting done as easily as Whittaker

I too would prefer Broadfoot over Whittaker but in the grand scheme of things neither are the finished article long term for our right back spot.

Broadfoot is way ahead of Whittaker as a right back.What lets him down is his lack of pace though which Whittaker can sometimes use to rescue calamitous situations.

Broadfoot gets a lot tighter on his opposite number and doesn't dive in to tackles the way Whittaker does.He is also far better at shepherding a player to the byeline and not getting done as easily as Whittaker

I too would prefer Broadfoot over Whittaker but in the grand scheme of things neither are the finished article long term for our right back spot.

There's not a thing I could disagree with in your post,Adoniram.

I'm hastily perusing the phone books of the world looking for a certain Dr. Victor Frankenstein, to see whether he would be interested in doing a wee scientific experiment for the benefit of humanity.

If he can combine the defending capabilities of Broadfoot and the speed and attacking abilities of Whittaker, we're on a winner.

At no time have I ever said that Steven Whittaker is a hopeless footballer...in fact, far from it.

I just maintain that a full back should have all the defensive skills to be considered a good defender, which Whittaker obviously has NOT got.

If Whittaker kept tight on opposing wide men he would be a much better player for it, because he has speed,has got good footwork skills and can really hit a ball.

It will be interesting to see where Ally uses him and Broadfoot next season.

There's not a thing I could disagree with in your post,Adoniram.

I'm hastily perusing the phone books of the world looking for a certain Dr. Victor Frankenstein, to see whether he would be interested in doing a wee scientific experiment for the benefit of humanity.

If he can combine the defending capabilities of Broadfoot and the speed and attacking abilities of Whittaker, we're on a winner.

At no time have I ever said that Steven Whittaker is a hopeless footballer...in fact, far from it.

I just maintain that a full back should have all the defensive skills to be considered a good defender, which Whittaker obviously has NOT got.

If Whittaker kept tight on opposing wide men he would be a much better player for it, because he has speed,has got good footwork skills and can really hit a ball.

It will be interesting to see where Ally uses him and Broadfoot next season.

For me it is very simple...a defender is in the team to defend first and foremost. If he is a good defender than the team will not lose as many goals. Now if he can provide an attacking outlet then that is a bonus.

Give me 4 rock solid defenders who will not leak goals and i will be more than happy.

When Whittaker arrived i was highly critical of not only his defending abilities but i questioned what appeared to be the belief that he was good enough to be a Rangers player. Maybe it's me but i don't like seeing quiet guys playing for the Rangers. I want to see 11 men with balls,arrogance and a sheer unwavering belief that they are good enough for the Rangers. Whittaker seems to get it then after 1 or 2 bad games you can see him shrinking in to his shell.

I agree he has a lot of good technical ability but his downfall is and always will be this "verstility" that he has.

A Euphamism for not quite good enough for one position but ok for a variety but not for a prolonged run.

Daft as this sounds you often wonder if in a bounce game what he would be like playing up front just off a main striker given his eye for goal,close control,pace and clever feet.

One thing is certain is he is not a solid and reliable full back.