Broadfoot ?

rfcfraserrfc

For me it is very simple...a defender is in the team to defend first and foremost. If he is a good defender than the team will not lose as many goals. Now if he can provide an attacking outlet then that is a bonus.

Give me 4 rock solid defenders who will not leak goals and i will be more than happy.

When Whittaker arrived i was highly critical of not only his defending abilities but i questioned what appeared to be the belief that he was good enough to be a Rangers player. Maybe it's me but i don't like seeing quiet guys playing for the Rangers. I want to see 11 men with balls,arrogance and a sheer unwavering belief that they are good enough for the Rangers. Whittaker seems to get it then after 1 or 2 bad games you can see him shrinking in to his shell.

I agree he has a lot of good technical ability but his downfall is and always will be this "verstility" that he has.

A Euphamism for not quite good enough for one position but ok for a variety but not for a prolonged run.

Daft as this sounds you often wonder if in a bounce game what he would be like playing up front just off a main striker given his eye for goal,close control,pace and clever feet.

One thing is certain is he is not a solid and reliable full back.

Once again I have to agree with a majority of your post.

Your most vulnerable parts of your team is your two fullbacks, who if they can't defend properly either get skinned and turned around causing chaos for your two centre-backs...or even worse, if they don't get tight on the opposing wide men then diaganol crosses are getting pinged into our goal area for the opposition strikers to get shots in.

If you look at a good percentage of todays full-backs, they are great going forward but are fucking hopeless at defending.

I was taught football in the days where if you saw a defender over the halfway line, he had a fuckin map in his hands...But by fuck they knew how to stop wingers doing damage.

As for your idea of Whittaker up front behind the striker, it's not as daft as some may think, because Whittaker has a lot of the attributes to play well in that position, but I think his passing game needs a bit of work before he plays there...Then again, that's what training sessions are for.

Once again I have to agree with a majority of your post.

Your most vulnerable parts of your team is your two fullbacks, who if they can't defend properly either get skinned and turned around causing chaos for your two centre-backs...or even worse, if they don't get tight on the opposing wide men then diaganol crosses are getting pinged into our goal area for the opposition strikers to get shots in.

If you look at a good percentage of todays full-backs, they are great going forward but are fucking hopeless at defending.

I was taught football in the days where if you saw a defender over the halfway line, he had a fuckin map in his hands...But by fuck they knew how to stop wingers doing damage.

As for your idea of Whittaker up front behind the striker, it's not as daft as some may think, because Whittaker has a lot of the attributes to play well in that position, but I think his passing game needs a bit of work before he plays there...Then again, that's what training sessions are for.

He is also over 6ft tall and decent in the air as witnessed by his goal against Sporting.

I now see Broadfoot as the new Webster to be honest ................

You know you've been injured far too long when reports regularly suggest Rangers have a full squad to choose from .

I now see Broadfoot as the new Webster to be honest ................

You know you've been injured far too long when reports regularly suggest Rangers have a full squad to choose from .

Broadfoot is no Webster.

Broadfoot at least has a genuine injury and would walk through walls to play for us.

The same could never be said of that waste of space.

Broadfoot is no Webster.

Broadfoot at least has a genuine injury and would walk through walls to play for us.

The same could never be said of that waste of space.

I didn't mean in terms of attitude, commitment or even psychological, just in terms of how many times he's injured.

I didn't mean in terms of attitude, commitment or even psychological, just in terms of how many times he's injured.

Ok...although this injury seems to have been around for a while and they hoped rest would cure it but it's obviously been more serious than first thought.

He is also over 6ft tall and decent in the air as witnessed by his goal against Sporting.

I unfortunately missed that, but he is a far better header of a ball than Lafferty, but then again, I'm a better header of the ball than Lafferty and I'm only 5'7" and 63 yrs old. :lol:

I unfortunately missed that, but he is a far better header of a ball than Lafferty, but then again, I'm a better header of the ball than Lafferty and I'm only 5'7" and 63 yrs old. :lol:

Lafferty....£3.75M for what exactly?

A guy who isn't a natural finisher

A guy who can't jump more than a foot off the ground despite his height advantage

A guy who can't link up play very well.

A guy who cannot get a regular game and position after 3 years.

Don't get me started on Lafferty.

Sunday summed up just why he will never make the grade at Rangers. 3 easy on one ones where he choose to shoot rather than drive at the keeper and commit him or play it to a team mate. Reminiscent of the chances he missed against Hearts at Tynecastle.

I remember watching him warming up along with the team at New St Mirren park last season in the cup game. They were all getting the ball passing it to McCoist then running up and shooting in at McGregor.

My mate and i counted at least 7 shots and not one hit the target from no more than 18 yards.

As for Whittaker i think his career is going to be defined by his versatility and that it will ultimately ruin or negate the obvious attacking talents that he has in preference for his weaker defensive skills.

Ok...although this injury seems to have been around for a while and they hoped rest would cure it but it's obviously been more serious than first thought.

Well the poor bugger certainly was carrying that injury in Sydney pre-season, because he looked as if he was limping slightly as he was walkin onto the park on that boghole of a pitch on the Wednesday night ffs.

Well the poor bugger certainly was carrying that injury in Sydney pre-season, because he looked as if he was limping slightly as he was walkin onto the park on that boghole of a pitch on the Wednesday night ffs.

That would appear to be the case Oz as he had this foot injury last season if you remember.

That would appear to be the case Oz as he had this foot injury last season if you remember.

Yes, and this was the reason that we were discussing this in the pub in Sydney after the Sunday game against Blackburn Rovers, that Broadfoot seemed to have got over it, but when he came out against Sydney FC on Wednesday night and looked to be limping, we just presumed he might have picked up a knock somewhere.

Apparently we were wrong.

You guys want him to play.... so if things go wrong then you have your scapegoat but if he plays decent like Foster you start a thread take a bow son ... it's funny because the people that don't rate him are usually 40+ old guys behind a computer screen thinkin they know shit about footbaoll

How's things Kirk?