Jefferies enjoyed it

ogbg

Sorry if repost.

My link

The Heart of Midlothian manager, Jim Jefferies, has said that the chaos surrounding Wednesday's Scottish Cup Old Firm derby was positive for Scottish football.

The Scottish Football Association chief executive, Stewart Regan, said he was "deeply embarrassed" by events during and after Celtic's 1-0 win over Rangers and the head of the Scottish Police Federation called for Old Firm games to be held behind closed doors after 34 arrests were made at Celtic Park and more than 200 were made elsewhere.

Jefferies said that the match, in which three Rangers players were sent off and the Celtic manager, Neil Lennon, was pulled apart from the Rangers assistant, Ally McCoist, would increase Scottish football's broadcasting revenue potential.

Jefferies said: "It was tasty, wasn't it? In terms of the application side of things, obviously a bit spilled over from the game the previous week. It just sparked off. It was a very tense situation and probably [the Scottish Premier League chief executive] Neil Doncaster will be the one who will be happy because it was good telly viewing at times. Maybe not the football, but certainly the passion and all that. That's what they're saying TV wants."

Jefferies dismissed claims that the match had been a disaster for the Scottish game.

He said: "How is it a disaster? It will show around the world how much it means when Celtic and Rangers play. That derby is known the world over as one of the most competitive there is. Yesterday will highlight it. I think they're making it more out of order than it actually was."

Jefferies also downplayed the post-match confrontation between Lennon and McCoist. "It was run of the mill stuff," he said. "We've all been there and done it. It's a little taster for the future."

The cunts have gone OTT with it.

The coverage of it is absolutely pathetic, you'd think players had thrown fists.

'Embarrassing, disappointed'

Others would see it as passion, or dare I say it, players and managers showing that Football means more to them than just money.

They can all get to fuck and go back to their poxy wee snively jobs, they don't understand and never will.

P.S Some absolute knob jockey is going on about how much this is costing the Police.

How much money do the OF pump into the Scottish economy year after year, how about the money we give to local area's when we follow our team in thousands all over the country?

Just shut the fuck up, and do your job. I bet half the arrests in the piggery last night were beyond unnecessary.

I posted this earlier in another thread - well said JJ.

Posted Today, 12:01 PM

This cunt at the SFA is only proving how out of touch he actually is with reality.

"It was beamed around the world"

Does he no understand this is exactly what SKY TV and the viewers want?

Fucking idiot.

cant see what all the fuss is to be honest just a bit of passion that our game has sadly been missing. as for the referee and certain players for the taigs :wanker: ,s and cheating bastards. but we will have the last laugh. :crabflute: w.a.t.p

What's ridiculous is how everyone is going on about sectarianism, alcohol and hooliganism with regards to this game. The worst behaved people were the players and the management :lol:

Aside from the bookings and the scrap between Lemmon and Coisty, it was a normal OF game.

P.S Some absolute knob jockey is going on about how much this is costing the Police.

How much money do the OF pump into the Scottish economy year after year, how about the money we give to local area's when we follow our team in thousands all over the country?

Just shut the fuck up, and do your job. I bet half the arrests in the piggery last night were beyond unnecessary.

I heard clubs are looking to cut down on costs by cutting the number of Police officers at games, all this ensures the police keep their share.

If that's the case then it begins to make sense why Steven House is asking Salmond to get involved!

Oh and the police budget is being cut overall so again this makes sense to the attitude from the Police.

Keep hearing Annabel Goldie on the radio today banging on about McCoist and Lennon behaving like thugs and the effect it'll have on women and children across Scotland.

Overkill or what. A couple of blokes shouting at each other's going to cause wife beatings now is it? I'm pretty sure it'd be the overconsumption of bevvy that's causing that more than an argument in a football game.

Keep hearing Annabel Goldie on the radio today banging on about McCoist and Lennon behaving like thugs and the effect it'll have on women and children across Scotland.

Overkill or what. A couple of blokes shouting at each other's going to cause wife beatings now is it? I'm pretty sure it'd be the overconsumption of bevvy that's causing that more than an argument in a football game.

Expecting them to look at the real issues? That's too much to ask mate, come on :sherlock:

They bleat on about sectarianism, yet have I heard anyone mention segregation from a young age?

They can stick it. Emotions run high in 1 OF game for the first time in I don't know how long and they spew that everything from the problems in Libya, to Day V Lately taking years to find his fucking trance record is all down to an OF game.

Frightening.

Expecting them to look at the real issues? That's too much to ask mate, come on :sherlock:

They bleat on about sectarianism, yet have I heard anyone mention segregation from a young age?

They can stick it. Emotions run high in 1 OF game for the first time in I don't know how long and they spew that everything from the problems in Libya, to Day V Lately taking years to find his fucking trance record is all down to an OF game.

Frightening.

:D

I've heard nothing but praise from my English pals who are saying that this sort of passion is actually what they want to watch! Last night will not have done Scottish football any harm.

Likewise. Once again, the bheasts in Scotland pretend that other people think something else

Frightening.

Just saw this highlighted by another poster, didn't notice it before. Class (tu)

Isobel Goudie bleating that the sky is falling. End times, End times...