A change of formation

stuartm

So I have been having a think about how to freshen up the Rangers team for the remainder of the season.

1) There have been a number of threads on here about needing 2 strikers, and I quite agree.

2) There have been discussions about 2 Centre Mids not being able to cope if the opposition have 3.

3) There have been hundreds of threads where we are crying out for genuine width to support our strikers.

Taking those three points into consideration, I propose the following:

............................................................:mcgregor:

.............................:bougherra: :bartley: :papac:

:weiss:.........................................................................................:wylde:

.................................:davis: :hutton: :ness:

................................................:jelavic: :diouf:

Moving to a 3-5-2 with PROPER wing-backs may seem a bit old school, however with the personnel we have I think this is the best formation to fit them into.

Have a think about it before you shout me down :sherlock:

No cunt plays 3-5-2 for a reason.

I think the last person to play it was that wank O'Neil at the t*rriers.

And Weiss isn't a proper wing-back, he's a winger.

Apart from that, great idea.

We only have one real possession keeping and naturally gifted CM and that is Ness.

Davis is obviously good enough but he hasn't been his usual self this season.

Edu is never a football player. We play 4-5-1 with no pace and 40 year old in CB. How is the lone frontman going to get any support when the midfield has no pace?

I say as soon as Ness is fit build the team around him and Jelavic. Ness can simply just play CM. He looks for the ball, can win the ball, keeps the ball, knows what he's going to do with the ball before he gets it, is our best passer of the ball and the simple stuff is just instinctive to him. Ask yourself how many of those traits Edu, McCulloch or even Davis (this season) have?

He is already miles ahead of the rest of our CM's in football ability terms. And that is what we need. Football players.

The formations, played the way we all want to see, are simply not going to happen. Walter Smith is not changing anything at this stage in the season/his managerial career. He's a manager stuck in the early 90's...

Two up top from now until the end of the season, because at least the strikers will be able to support each other.

I would worry if we had four loan players starting week in week out.

That can't b right, just says our players are not good enuff,

Whether u agree or not, don't think basically telling them that helps.

It does show that our players are not good enough and I would not make any apologies for that. We are too big a club to have places in the starting 11 for mates etc. That's why Weir should be dropped ASAP, club captain or not. Being ruthless breeds winners.