La Liga title race

Just wondering who everyone thinks will end up winning this years Spanish title. Obviously with the 7 point gap seperating Barca and Madrid, most will say Barca. However, el classico is looming and if Madrid can win that (I very much doubt they will) then would Barca fold under the pressure during the final few fixtures? I think with Barca's squad, they have the experience and ability to win all their remaining games, after all, most of their first 11 were in the starting 11 for the world cup winning team just last year. El Classico is an absolute must win for Madrid, but I will stick with Barca, what does everyone reckon?

Barca will win it but I really hope they don't. Not that I'm a big fan of Real either but I'm sick to death of every Australian football pundit salivating over the style of Barca and mentioning it every game that it's the way we should be playing football here :rolleyes:

they were favourites when they were level on points and they are still favourites now REGARDLESS of the next El Classico result , Barca have a 30 goal advantage and they will NOT drop 7 points between now and the end of the season , If a side like Valencia can't park the bus and keep them out then the rest are unlikely to it either

oh and Barca will destroy Real again anyway , they don't have the personel to do a Mourinho on them :)

I absolutely love Barcas philosophy and style, the vast majority of their side is players they'v brought through their academy and built up, and I love how even if there losing thwy don't change their style. On the other hand, I don't agree with Madrids whole 'buy success' style. I'd like to see Barca win the lot this year, as they'v been patient for years lurking in Madrids shadows, and now they have established an unbelievable side without spending mega bucks, I know Villa, Alves and Ibra cost a lot, but in comparison to Madrid, its peanuts. Interesting but that even with Mourinho at the helm they can't keep up with Barca. I don't know if Guardiola leaving perhaps next year if itd have an impact on Barcas success, just need to wait and see. Will Mourinhos home record soon come to an end? I think so!

Sorry for spelling errors folks on my phone.

Title race is as good as over for me. Obviously, if Real win El Classico the point gap is more realistic but I don't think they have much of a chance of doing so and even if they did I don't think Barca would throw away a four point lead.

they were favourites when they were level on points and they are still favourites now REGARDLESS of the next El Classico result , Barca have a 30 goal advantage and they will NOT drop 7 points between now and the end of the season , If a side like Valencia can't park the bus and keep them out then the rest are unlikely to it either

Head to head counts in Spain, so Real would have to overturn the 5-0 deficit in order to have an edge over Barca, which is highly unlikely to say the least. I don't see Barca losing the title now.

Guest SandyWATP

Agreed.

Even if Barcelona get pumped at the Bernabeu, I can't see them dropping four points anywhere else.

They could draw another 2 games though, but saying that, Madrid will drop more points themselves.