Nintendo 3DS

Bear_Necessities

black or aqua 3ds  

8 members have voted

1. 1. black or aqua 3ds

• black
    • aqua

I'd like one but it's a bit pricey just now. I also can't really see 3D very well so it'd end up being a more expensive DS for me.

Really want to play the new version of Ocarina of Time.

Have and R4i card for the DS and still think its pretty mince, so until you get one that works for the 3DS doubt ill get one.

Same with me mate wouldnt get one unless I could pirate the shite out of games.

Had a quick shot of one in Gamestation today, the 3D works well and the new analogue thumb pad will be a welcome addition.

With the 3Ds I reckon Nintendo have done it again! Hopefully the publishers can push more quality titles through the swamp of shovelware but the line-up so far looks promising.

• 2 weeks later...

Have to say the 3d is impressive! Had the thing out and had been playing about with it an hour or two and i hadn't even put a game in yet, there is plenty of built in software including face raiders and the AR games. graphics are much improved from the DS. The 3d is great and makes the games better. I reckon nintendo have done it again leading the way and showing the rest the way forward.

thought about it but would be a waste of money because i would play it for about a weekand be bored

had a ds and played it like twice

Agree with this.

I find with portable gaming devices and nintendo consoles in general post n64 that they're just little novelties you quickly get tired of. I've yet see many good games games for the DS or Wii.

Plus, with the iPhone I think I've got a pretty good thing for games on the move...Football Manager, Tiger Woods etc are surprisingly good.

The only thing about the 3ds that intrigues me is the whole '3d' thing. But like the Wii I think it will be a thing for kids with rubbish games.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

So anyone else got one? I tried to resist but the lure of Ocarina of Time was too great. And I can see the 3D!

I like the 3DS so far. I tend not to use the 3D effect much as it munches up batteries but the graphics are far superior to the DS lite.

My only gripe is that there're still no really decent games as yet (other than OoT or SSFIV). I'm hoping a few more 3rd party developers get involved as so far it seems to be only Ubisoft and Capcom that're supporting it.

The potential for this is very good. The online shop's better than I thought it would be, even though there's still feck all in there. The AR capabilities will bring some interesting games and the video channel just relaeased is showing potential even if it's a bit crap.

So anyone else got one? I tried to resist but the lure of Ocarina of Time was too great. And I can see the 3D!

I like the 3DS so far. I tend not to use the 3D effect much as it munches up batteries but the graphics are far superior to the DS lite.

My only gripe is that there're still no really decent games as yet (other than OoT or SSFIV). I'm hoping a few more 3rd party developers get involved as so far it seems to be only Ubisoft and Capcom that're supporting it.

The potential for this is very good. The online shop's better than I thought it would be, even though there's still feck all in there. The AR capabilities will bring some interesting games and the video channel just relaeased is showing potential even if it's a bit crap.

How is the 3D used in Ocarina of Time? I had heard that it was just for pop-up dialogue boxes and stuff like that; are the environments and enemies in 3D also?

I think the console was just rushed into launch at a time when people had just bought other versions of the DS; the same strategy that helped kill off Sega's console making buisness. Wont be too long before Resident Evil: Revelations, and the likes of Professor Layton etc are out; I predict a bright future for 3DS.

How is the 3D used in Ocarina of Time? I had heard that it was just for pop-up dialogue boxes and stuff like that; are the environments and enemies in 3D also?

I think the console was just rushed into launch at a time when people had just bought other versions of the DS; the same strategy that helped kill off Sega's console making buisness. Wont be too long before Resident Evil: Revelations, and the likes of Professor Layton etc are out; I predict a bright future for 3DS.

Nah, the game's been completely re-modelled in 3D. The graphics have really softened and the textures for the walls and floors are a lot better. I can see what they meant by the dialogue boxes though, they really bring out the depth in the 3D when they're on the screen. Tbh I don't really notice the 3D effect after about an hour anyway so I tend to keep it off until there's a cut scene.

You can tell the launch was rushed by the dearth of games available just now but I agree, with some of the games getting made means to me it will be a great year for the 3DS next year. I can't wait to see what's next for it. Resident Evil Revelations :drool:

• 2 weeks later...

A wee heads up to any potential 3ds buyers: the handheld's price is set to be cut by around a third globally, the exact cut will depend upon what region you're buying in (I expect it will be less than a 40% cut for the yet to be announced Euro price). And that's not all; those who bought early will be entitled to 20 free downloadable games - oldies but some good titles in there.

Mid august seems to be the date; good news indeed!

A wee heads up to any potential 3ds buyers: the handheld's price is set to be cut by around a third globally, the exact cut will depend upon what region you're buying in (I expect it will be less than a 40% cut for the yet to be announced Euro price). And that's not all; those who bought early will be entitled to 20 free downloadable games - oldies but some good titles in there.

Mid august seems to be the date; good news indeed!

Yep, 12th August by all reports I've read.

I usually wait until the price cuts to buy a console but couldn't wait for it this time as I thought they'd leave it at least until christmas.

Means I get the 20 free games. 10 NES titles including Super Mario Bros, Donkey Kong Jr, Balloon Fight, Ice Climber and The Legend of Zelda. 10 Game Boy Advance including Yoshi’s Island, Super Mario Advance 3, Mario Kart, Super Circuit, Metroid Fusion, WarioWare, Inc.: Minigame Mania and Mario vs. Donkey Kong. The NES ones are due to hit the e-shop for free download on 1st Sept with the GBA ones later in the year for early adopters.

I never owned a NES or GBA so I'm buzzing. Hoping Zelda Minish Cap is one of the GBA ones.

Yep, 12th August by all reports I've read.

I usually wait until the price cuts to buy a console but couldn't wait for it this time as I thought they'd leave it at least until christmas.

Means I get the 20 free games. 10 NES titles including Super Mario Bros, Donkey Kong Jr, Balloon Fight, Ice Climber and The Legend of Zelda. 10 Game Boy Advance including Yoshi's Island, Super Mario Advance 3, Mario Kart, Super Circuit, Metroid Fusion, WarioWare, Inc.: Minigame Mania and Mario vs. Donkey Kong. The NES ones are due to hit the e-shop for free download on 1st Sept with the GBA ones later in the year for early adopters.

I never owned a NES or GBA so I'm buzzing. Hoping Zelda Minish Cap is one of the GBA ones.

Yup, it was developed by Capcom if I recall correctly and was up to Zelda standards; Metroid Fusion was a good game also.