ness signs till 2015

gunslinger

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news Ness has looked the part and made the rest of the midfield look poor in comparison althought that hasn't been too hard this season

As long as he can stay injury free think he'll be massive player for us in years to come and an asset to the club.

I don't want this to sound like a dig at our coaching staff, as their methods have been successful up until now, but I don't think we've given Edu what he needs.

It's blindingly obvious to me that our training is mostly centred around strength and stamina. How many players have we brought in and turned into far superior footballers? None in recent memory I'd say, but we have turned players into incredibly fit and strong machines.

Edu already had the strength, the fitness and stamina. What he didn't have was the natural football ability that players like Ness and Davis have. With that in mind, I think he probably needed a lot more ball work than several others.

I hate to say it, but I know some people agree - Edu does occasionally look like he's been brought up in a country where football isn't the primary sport. I genuinely believe I play sevens and elevens with people who are a lot comfier in possession of a football than Edu, which is a crazy thing to think about. He just takes so many touches to control a ball that it doesn't look like we're working on that in training whatsoever.

If he moves on to a more technically minded coaching team, I think he could be a great player. But again, why change the whole coaching set up that accommodate one player when the methods used are tried, tested and successful? That's the dilemma.

He's far from the only one who needs extra time working on his ball skills, but you are spot on about what Edu needs to improve his all round game.

I don't want this to sound like a dig at our coaching staff, as their methods have been successful up until now, but I don't think we've given Edu what he needs.

It's blindingly obvious to me that our training is mostly centred around strength and stamina. How many players have we brought in and turned into far superior footballers? None in recent memory I'd say, but we have turned players into incredibly fit and strong machines.

Edu already had the strength, the fitness and stamina. What he didn't have was the natural football ability that players like Ness and Davis have. With that in mind, I think he probably needed a lot more ball work than several others.

I hate to say it, but I know some people agree - Edu does occasionally look like he's been brought up in a country where football isn't the primary sport. I genuinely believe I play sevens and elevens with people who are a lot comfier in possession of a football than Edu, which is a crazy thing to think about. He just takes so many touches to control a ball that it doesn't look like we're working on that in training whatsoever.

If he moves on to a more technically minded coaching team, I think he could be a great player. But again, why change the whole coaching set up that accommodate one player when the methods used are tried, tested and successful? That's the dilemma.

I'm pretty sure Walter said alot of the players were tired back in October.

I do agree with your post though.

few things.

you genuinly think we look fit and strong?

you would be stunned if you ever played football with real footballers.

finaly edu could work on theese thing in his own time if he agrees with you.

to me he simply looks like a player who hasnt played enough football in his life to be a football player.

I'm delighted with this if it's true

Especially when the epl vultures start circling, we need to make gd money on our young players if we can't convince them to stay down the lIne.

I'm very pleased with this to say the least

absolutely delighted at this news , i honestly believe this could be one of our most important signings in years .

i know theres still lots to play for this season , but i cant help looking forward to a new start next season, and hopefully we will try an build the side round guys like ness .

Where did this come from? hee haw on the Official site, i remember not too long ago after Fleck signed Walter said Wilson was ready to ink his contract, we know what happened there.

He looks a fantastic talent and getting him tied up would be super business.

Anything in the papers this morning?

I just googled it and all that comes up repeatedly is the 5th Jan news about his 2 year deal????