Madjid Bougherra & El Hadji Diouf face further action

Jamie1807

Rangers duo Madjid Bougherra and El Hadji Diouf are likely to face further punishment following their dismissals against Celtic on Wednesday.

Both receive automatic one-match bans in the Scottish Cup after being shown second yellow cards at Celtic Park.

But their behaviour is given further mention in Calum Murray's report.

Bougherra grabbed referee Murray's arm as he attempted to show him his card, while Diouf showed dissent then threw his shirt to Rangers fans in the crowd.

Algeria defender Bougherra was sent off minutes before the end of Rangers' 1-0 Scottish Cup fifth-round replay defeat.

Senegal forward Diouf was shown his red card following the final whistle.

As it stands, their bans only apply to next season's Scottish Cup ties, but the referee's report highlights those further incidents and the Scottish Football Association is likely to take action.

BBC Scotland revealed on Friday that Celtic manager Neil Lennon and Rangers assistant boss Ally McCoist face touchline bans after their heated exchange at the final whistle.

They were called into the referees' room following the game and informed that they would be reported by fourth official Iain Brines.

Lennon is facing an eight-match ban as his latest offence is the second time he has been reported for misconduct this season.

He had a six-match suspension reduced to four after a successful appeal on Thursday.

McCoist faces a two-game ban as it is his first offence.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i told you, he's been targeted since day 1, by the media and now the officials.

I've a feeling they're going to be banned from the cup final

if that happens then, rangers may as well not bother to show up, rangers are being bullied by them, the sfa and the police. fucking shower of shite

i told you, he's been targeted since day 1, by the media and now the officials.

if that happens then, rangers may as well not bother to show up, rangers are being bullied by them, the sfa and the police. fucking shower of shite

If that happens then Rangers NEED to get the finger out and start kicking up a fuss, because neither player was given a straight red card and the SFA cant be allowed to make up the rules as they go along.

I have to be honest, what Bougherra did was stupid and insane - sure if was never a booking in the first place but grabbing the ref like that is never going to help anything and will only result in trouble.

Diouf though, well you know I didn't realise throwing your jersey into the crowd was actually an offence? Thats certainly a new one to me that he went to his own fans to acknowledge them.

Yet again.. the SFA show their true colours.. they are nothing but scum and always seem to make us out to be the bad bast**ds of Scottish football.. Rangers should just take a stand against them and tell them were to go :)....

I still cant believe people are making a big fuss out over Diouf throwing his top into the RANGERS end. YES rangers end.. would see if he was trying to provoke the septic fans, but he wasn't.

Absolute joke. I personally think if thats the case the entire Sellick management team should be investigated for there behaviour along with the lego muncher for his childish behaviour and Kayal for blatant diving

Really starting to get sick of this now. One rule for Rangers, another for the rest of the teams. Just makes you wonder about those secret SFA meetings that Celtic had. We really need a voice at our club.

After watching the football years last night do you really think that Souness would have stood by and allowed this shower if arseholes to tarnish our good name and pick on our players. No fucking chance. Grow some balls Walter and set these cunts straight before you retire.

Couldnt believe this when I found this out. Bougherra fair enough, but what has diouf actually done wrong? Hes done something that players have been doing for years and continue to do, te only difference this time is that.......its diouf.

Also, celtic players go over to their fans after every old firm game at Ibrox. Where were the cries of "disgrace", "needs to get a grip", "defiance" then?

Guest SandyWATP

Fuck sake.

Diouf did fuck all wrong - what's wrong with throwing your top into the crowd?

Go die you cunt of a referee.