Brilliant post on bbc 606 about Diouf.

the only problem i have with the post on 606 is that bellamy didnt hit anyone with a golf club or slap a fan until AFTER he had been at celtic

so his record coming up to scotland in 2005 isnt as bad as it is now

He was still a little cunt though Jim

why doesnt someone bring it to the papers and talk about this and the racism towards diouf and state all the points that everyone on here is making.

Because Rangeers arent willing to say anything. They dont want to whip things up even more than they are. Perhaps they can see the poisonous atmosphere in Scottish football right now doesnt need fuelled any more. From what I hear Mjalby apologised to Dioufs face for the tunnel incident and the club is willing to leave it at that. Possibly for the best as the less distractions we have the better, they want us to take our eye off the ball and they are succeeding by using every trick they possibly can.

Because Rangers arent willing to say anything. They dont want to whip things up even more than they are. Perhaps they can see the poisonous atmosphere in Scottish football right now doesnt need fuelled any more. From what I hear Mjalby apologised to Dioufs face for the tunnel incident and the club is willing to leave it at that. Possibly for the best as the less distractions we have the better, they want us to take our eye off the ball and they are succeeding by using every trick they possibly can.

let us look at two situations.

1 - El Hadj Diouf arrives in Scotland with a poor reputation in terms of conduct. He has been in trouble for spitting at fans and was seen to be less than sympathetic when a fellow pro was injured.

RESPONSE - The media, as one have condemned him. Every member of celtic staff, be it coaching, medical or playing have tried their best to get him riled, and the media have blamed everything on him - depite him reacting with no more than a few verbals. When Neil Lennon encroaches on the RANGERS technical area to barrack him and EHD responds he is then painted the guilty party.

2 - Craig Bellamy arrives in Scotland with a poor reputation, having been arrested for fighting, hitting women, slapping a fan in the face and hitting a teammate with a golf club.

RESPONSE - The media here said it was a terrific signing, drooling over a player of true talent would enhance the SPL. No other teams targeted him, despite his constant snarling and the media wanted him to stay after his loan was up.

There are only two differences between these two situations. One player signed for Celtic, the other Rangers. Our media assures us there is no bias against our club - so what's the other difference? The only one I can think of is skin colour. We have all heard mainstream media outlets reporting phrases like "get out of Scotland", "go back where you came from". This strikes me as very, very inappropriate language.

Can anyone else explain why he has been targeted so abhorrently, when this didn't happen to an equally dislikable character in Bellamy?

Brilliant post mate. True so very very true.

Aye and what about Roy Keane? Hartosn aswell,he had a bit of a reputation in England. We have known for years that they were biased but this Clear proof.

No it's not. I think the O/P makes a fair point but it ignored the fact that Diouf is far more a figure of hatred than any other player mentioned. I live in southern Britain and all I get from my mates is 'so you've got that cnut (that's one of the nicer comments) at Rangers now?' Face it... warranted or not, Diouf is a figure of hate everywhere.