The real problem is

thebooler

With so many players off form at the moment, it got me thinking that maybe it's the combinations and team selections that's the cause of it.

Maybe Bouggy is being dragged down to a lower level as he's having to spend a lot of his time covering for Davie Weir?

Maybe Papac is being dragged down a level as he has to tuck in tight to cover for Weir as well?

Maybe Davis is being dragged down to a lower level as he battles away with players like Whittaker and Edu beside him?

Maybe Jelavic is struggling as he's not going to get much service from players like Lafferty and Fleck?

Maybe Greegsy is struggling at times, though not very often, as he knows he's got players like Weir, Whittaker, Foster and a struggling Bouggy in front of him?

Now I know that not everybody doesn't rate every player the same but I think it's fair to say the ones I've highlighted are not doing too well at the moment, or in Davie Weir's case, past it.

This would surely have a knock-on effect throughout the team and this may be the reason we have so many players struggling with their form.

What thinks ya all?

Very valid points; there are players who are not pulling their weight, whether through lack of ability,motivation or fitness.The tactics are a huge contributory factor and have drastically narrowed the gap between us and the dross at the lower end of the table and have cremated the fear factor which used to be the norm for the majority of the teams in our league.

Predictable style of play makes the dumbest of managers realise how to shackle any attacking impulse we have and find the way to make us struggle defensively by using width.

I was wondering how long it would take Walter to resurrect the 3-5-2 formation which ensured that he failed in the ten in a row quest,after having tinkered with the defeatist 5-4-1 domestically as well as in europe.

The feeling of deja vu; 3 central defenders, players who have stayed and played too long, lethargy,slow feet and slower minds,players looking like they are trying to run through a bog and trying to pass the ball wearing diving boots brings back that trophyless season.

I think these players have proven in the past 4 years they are good players, but there is a seroius problem surrounding the team right now and i cant agree its because they are not good enough.

Someone said the other day we are carrying passengers, and i agree, but whats the reason for that? Of our whole squad, only 1 or 2 i think are finished and/or not good enough. Th rest i am fairly happy with, but we do not play to our players strengths, quite the opposite in fact.

One cannot underestimate how much of a blow it must be to any players morale when his manager sets the team up the way Walter does. Bougherra, Davis, Diouf and even Jelavic in his short fleeting appearances, all look really P'd off just now and i think its because the team is playing and set up so negatively. Our players simply do not look interested. Where is the motivation from the coaches?

Would you be happy being able to play football and being told to go out and play a strict defensive way with no out balls, no creativity and basically hoping for a break? I would be weel p*ssed off.

Im not convinced the players are playing for Walter and im not convinced they believe in his anti-football either.

We are better than how we are playing just now, we have proved it on occassions previous, its just a shame we dont have a manager who trusts the players a wee bit more.