Gers will be forced to be more Scottish but things need to change here

and its a good thing and theres no reason why our players can't be raised to a higher standard

It starts with the kids though...My son joined a football club in Germany when he was 4, they play 7 a sides there much longer than here plus hone the technical skills from a young age. Lots of ball control/passing/shooting/set piece exercises and you saw the benefits in their games these kids produced exciting matches. The councils support kids sport so much more out there. In the summer we went to football tournaments hosted by various clubs. In the winter they had indoor tournaments plus normal league activity out with the breaks. I noticed the difference when we came back to Scotland...our infrastructure is light years behind the Germans.

and its a good thing and theres no reason why our players can't be raised to a higher standard

It starts with the kids though...My son joined a football club in Germany when he was 4, they play 7 a sides there much longer than here plus hone the technical skills from a young age. Lots of ball control/passing/shooting/set piece exercises and you saw the benefits in their games these kids produced exciting matches. The councils support kids sport so much more out there. In the summer we went to football tournaments hosted by various clubs. In the winter they had indoor tournaments plus normal league activity out with the breaks. I noticed the difference when we came back to Scotland...our infrastructure is light years behind the Germans.

What does 'Gers will be forced to be more Scottish' mean sb?

Nothing could be more Scottish than RFC.

We DO have 7 a sides at 6-10age , ie; Soccer Sevens Development league in my area although I'm not an expert of how it works throughout Scotland but I'm with a team so that's how I know.

The ball control isn't too bad at all, the passing could be more varied but the Shooting is impressive at times. The set pieces is not something we work on admittedly and there ws an exciting match on Sunday with us.

We have a youth tournament coming up soon for our area which my team were runners up last year for the ages so there are some tournaments in the sun

We DO have 7 a sides at 6-10age , ie; Soccer Sevens Development league in my area although I'm not an expert of how it works throughout Scotland but I'm with a team so that's how I know.

The ball control isn't too bad at all, the passing could be more varied but the Shooting is impressive at times. The set pieces is not something we work on admittedly and there ws an exciting match on Sunday with us.

We have a youth tournament coming up soon for our area which my team were runners up last year for the ages so there are some tournaments in the sun

I think the youth in all of Scotland is a problem tbh.

Im 21 and off Uni at the moment, was down the park yesterday with the lads getting some training in and I have to say, every park we drove past getting to our 'preferred one' there and back was totally empty.

Given the weather, it was a big shock. Even when I was 13,14, it was really hard finding a free park in this weather.

But we need to learn from those kuntz on the continent how to con the ref and fake injury an all that coz we are really pathetic in fact useless at it

Chelsesa are no bad at it noo all thanks to Jose and it creeps intae Liverpools play tae thanks tae that Spanish barsteward who bosses them

We just accept everything they decide without pressuring the refs during euro games.... the body language the whole lot from the greazys etc influence the refs on the continent

Are ye with me (beer)

But we need to learn from those kuntz on the continent how to con the ref and fake injury an all that coz we are really pathetic in fact useless at it

Chelsesa are no bad at it noo all thanks to Jose and it creeps intae Liverpools play tae thanks tae that Spanish barsteward who bosses them

We just accept everything they without pressuring the refs during euro games the body language the whole lot from the greazys etc influence the refs on the continent

Are ye with me (beer)

I agree with this actually.

We need to learn how to be more continental with our style of play, by that I mean diving and conning the ref. Seems to work for the big teams.

We just accept everything they without pressuring the refs during euro games the body language the whole lot from the greazys etc influence the refs on the continent

Are ye with me (beer)

I agree with this actually.

We need to learn how to be more continental with our style of play, by that I mean diving and conning the ref. Seems to work for the big teams.

Watchin the body language fae the Valencia players last night....feckin master just like the rest of them

They win the ref over from the KO

Sir Alex's comments this mornin are bang on target about those barstewards on the continent...referees players the whole feckin lot ...

Heez ma sort of man, we think along the same lines

DOUBLE STANDARDS ARE ALIVE AND WELL

BARSTEWARDS !

celtic aren't ahead of us because they dive and cheat all the time. I dont want to be renowned as a club that has to cheat and dive to win. We should be able to win by playing football!

We just accept everything they decide without pressuring the refs during euro games.... the body language the whole lot from the greazys etc influence the refs on the continent

Are ye with me (beer)

we are very naive still on that front thats for sure ...Tims against Porto or us against Villareal were clear demos on us getting done by their snidy tactics...

still dont like the cheaty way though it stinks

But to do that takes time that the fans don't have the patience for, by that I mean becoming more contential, not the diving.

I hate mentioning him as he is in the past now, but look at PLG he tried to modernise our way of playing football into a more continental style, and also our club as a whole by changing training methods and also trying to remove what some people would call player power and what others would call ego from the club. As soon as that happened the majority did not like it and as a result he walked away and now we have a manager whos teams play the game like teams did in the 80s and 90s and I would imagine that they train the same way too.

Sir Alex's comments this mornin are bang on target about those barstewards on the continent...referees players the whole feckin lot ...

BARSTEWARDS !

Sir Alex reminds me of a wee ginger rat across the other side of Glasgow called Gordon Strachan when results go against them they blame refs for not getting that decision, the player shouldnt off been sent off etc etc but last nite if he is moaning about Scholes red card then its just daft Scholes deserved to be sent off last nite 2 stupid tackles :rolleyes:

BARSTEWARDS !

Sir Alex reminds me of a wee ginger rat across the other side of Glasgow called Gordon Strachan when results go against them they blame refs for not getting that decision, the player shouldnt off been sent off etc etc but last nite if he is moaning about Scholes red card then its just daft Scholes deserved to be sent off last nite 2 stupid tackles :rolleyes:

Pesh !

But to do that takes time that the fans don't have the patience for, by that I mean becoming more contential, not the diving.

I hate mentioning him as he is in the past now, but look at PLG he tried to modernise our way of playing football into a more continental style, and also our club as a whole by changing training methods and also trying to remove what some people would call player power and what others would call ego from the club. As soon as that happened the majority did not like it and as a result he walked away and now we have a manager whos teams play the game like teams did in the 80s and 90s and I would imagine that they train the same way too.

100% Spot on !!! (tu)

Are ye with me (beer)

Do you mean we should bring John McDonald back to Ibrox as a diving coach?

if this is semi linked to the youth football theme going here, my brother plays for tynecastle hearts (i know <_< ) and they had a cup competition coming up which was CANCELLED, because some fanny wrote in and said that they shouldnt be playing competitive football at their age (12). Isnt football a competitive sport, the aim is getting the ball in the net and beating the other team?

if this is semi linked to the youth football theme going here, my brother plays for tynecastle hearts (i know <_< ) and they had a cup competition coming up which was CANCELLED, because some fanny wrote in and said that they shouldnt be playing competitive football at their age (12). Isnt football a competitive sport, the aim is getting the ball in the net and beating the other team?

Yep, in the tournament I mentioned earlier there is NO winners. Why not? If your bad your bad.

Are ye with me (beer)

Feck! Do you remember him we even called him submarine.

Are ye with me (beer)

Feck! Do you remember him we even called him submarine.

We were there when we really were crap, we earned our right to call ourselves Rangers fans.

WATP