Diouf wants a new contract.

PaulRFC1

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I concur.

Do it on the pitch and he'd be worth considering.

I type too fast for my own good sometimes :(

Seriously though, it's fantastic to have a player who riles the opposition and get's the fans buzzing, but they need to do it on the park too and so far Diouf hasn't really done that.

I suspect that he will be on a fairly sizeable wage too.

To be fair to him, the whole team needs to start performing and then we'll see what he is worth when he has the proper support around him.

I wonder what he's currently getting paid at Blackburn, anyone know?

I can't remember where i read this, and it's obviously not proof of anything, but i heard that he is on £45,000 a week with us paying just £9000 of it

I type too fast for my own good sometimes :(

Seriously though, it's fantastic to have a player who riles the opposition and get's the fans buzzing, but they need to do it on the park too and so far Diouf hasn't really done that.

I suspect that he will be on a fairly sizeable wage too.

I tytpt tooo faaast someitmes as wooll. ;)

To be fair to him, the whole team needs to start performing and then we'll see what he is worth when he has the proper support around him.

I wonder what he's currently getting paid at Blackburn, anyone know?

I agree with you mate, teams been rubbish and as you said need to start getting the finger out and performing well then we will see if hes worth it. (tu)

I can't remember where i read this, and it's obviously not proof of anything, but i heard that he is on £45,000 a week with us paying just £9000 of it

I wouldn't pay him anything over £10-15k so unless he is willing to take a pay cut, then no thanks!

Needs to contribute a hell of a lot more than he has up until now. As it stands I would be looking to move him on.

Weiss gets a bit of a hard time for being inconsistent but he has gave us a lot more than Diouf.

Obviously Weiss has been here longer but Diouf is a seasoned pro and in my eyes should have hit the ground running. Don't get me wrong he has been OK but he should be creating and scoring a lot more.

I expect more from him, but it's quite hard when the rest of the team are not playing well.

He didn't have his best of games yesterday; his touch was poor at times and his poorly weighted balls were pathetic. However, he spent a lot of time trying to deal with long balls, which he won a lot of and he did link up well at times.

Overall he's done OK, certainly nothing special but he does have that bit of quality now and again. He needs to produce it more often - although I don't see it happening, especially in this current team. A team that struggles to pass a 5 yard ball...

It seems to be that when players come to the club, they lose the basics a lot of the time. Different next season I hope (no more Walter Smith).

Not sure what sort of wages he would be looking for, and Diouf is a player I certainly would not break the bank for.

I know some people have really taken to him, and it's not for footballing reasons, but sadly, that's our mentality at times.

Bizarre to say the least, the abuse i was taking yesterday for saying Diouf was shite against St Mirren and hasn't impressed me at all, yet virtually everyone in this thread says they wouldn't keep him on what he has shown

Bizarre to say the least, the abuse i was taking yesterday for saying Diouf was shite against St Mirren and hasn't impressed me at all, yet virtually everyone in this thread says they wouldn't keep him on what he has shown

To some, anti Diouf = pro Lennon.

No thanks he hasn't done anything of note on the park to justify a contract at Rangers, if we have some money to spend for next season then sorry but I would be looking elsewhere and also a for a much younger player who would have a sell on value.