Diouf wants a new contract.

PaulRFC1

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

he does do well on getting the fans going , but he hasnt really done anything to warrant getting a new contract , hopefully the team all get their act together and maybe if the team are playing well then we wll see his real ability if thats what we have not seen already

not worth the wages. We could say for 3 spl level players with the wages he'll want. As much as it pains to say. We need quantity over quality for next season

You make a very good point especially if he is on 45K as claimed on here.I have seen it reported that Jelavic is on 15K and if we could get 3 players of similar level for the same weekly wage then that for me is a much better option than Diouf.Anyway I think Diouf will be off to French football in the summer where he hasnt got the reputation he has here and he will feel more at home.

Ok I admit I went overboard slightly, but he brings so much unwanted attention to Rangers.He cant be calmed down.And hes not really THAT good.Average?? He aint no maradona like.

Really? I think he's better than Maradonna and Messi. Not quite as good as Paddy McCourt.....

Don't tell me what you think I'm falling for. I have two eyes that work and like what I see in him as a footballer. It's the rest of the pish around him that might play a part in what you see.

I don't like the baggage and attention he brings, but I think he's a good player.

We'll have less o the underhand digs Mr Galbraith. :ph34r:

:lol:

He was the hero that could do no wrong not so long ago.

In terms of ability he is arguably our best player but so far he hasn't turned it on as much as id have liked.

Still I would keep him and its a sad state of affairs when our fans don't want to keep a player of Diouf's ability.

Hearts(H) - Decent game, was his first game.

Celtic(H) - Good game, ripped their left hand side apart.

Motherwell(H) - Good game, played well and although he should have scored he still played very well.

Lisbon(H) - Decent game, set up Lafferty several times and worked hard.

Celtic(A) - Poor game, really poor game but it was an allround poor performance from the team.

Lisbon(A) - Good game, ran himself into the ground and also scored.

St Johnstone (H) - Didnt feature.

Celtic (A) - Poor game, Isolated upfront in an ultra defensive line-up.

St Mirren(A) - Poor game, Sloppy passing but was isolated upfront and was played long balls all day.

There is my assessment of all the games since he has been here and he hasn't been as bad as anyone has made out.

Usually when we have played well he has been one of our best performers, his only real poor games were awful games from the whole team which he cant really be blamed for.

DIOUF DIOUF DIOUF DIOUF.

Totally agree mate (tu)

I wouldn,t have him here next year. He is a decent player but nothing special. People in this country have it in for him, if he stayed here beyond the end of the season he would be targeted by the media,fans etc even more. And finally he doesnt do himself any favours by going to a club on thursday after Mccoist stated all players have been banned from nightclubs.

Ally will have enough on his plate next season without the distractions of Diouf to contend with.

I genuinely don't think it would be good for Ally, or the Rangers to keep him.

Ally needs to start to build his own team, a team for the future.

Hell I'd even give him a season or 2 without the SPL Title if I seen he was moving us in the right direction.

I won't forgive him or Walter though if we don't win the Title this season!

I thought he was out of contract in the summer as well, but I checked the Blackburn Rovers website and he did sign a new contract in January 2009 - http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10303~22623,00.html

So Blackburn would be wanting a transfer fee for him - can't see El-Hadji Diouf signing for us after his loan deal expires.

His agent is Wilie McKay our head scout, so anything is possible.