Diouf's double dismissal, the RST and the match commander

38367997.pngJust when you think we're getting back to normal, more spanners are thrown into the works. Such is the way of life being an Old Firm supporter.

After a weekend where Ally McCoist refused to talk to wee Chic about the sweet nothings whispered in the ear of Neil Lennon and said categorically that the issue was over and where El Hadji Diouf, through his agent spoke of his respect for Neil Lennon - we've kind of came full circle again and are back where we started.

View the full article

I hope The Rangers stand full square behind EH. Diouf in all of this. From politicians (hi Margo) to journalists to the Celtc management he is being turned - very carefully and with considerable malice - from something of a pantomime villain into target of genuine hate.

I hope The Rangers stand full square behind EH. Diouf in all of this. From politicians (hi Margo) to journalists to the Celtc management he is being turned - very carefully and with considerable malice - from something of a pantomime villain into target of genuine hate.

Do you not think that having spat on one of their fans, he was hated from the outset?

Do you not think that having spat on one of their fans, he was hated from the outset?

Hated by fans of 666fc since the free and clearly unwelcome washing spitting incident? Yes.

Hated throughout Scotland to the extent that even politicians think it's open season on the man? No I bloody well don't.

Hated by fans of 666fc since the free and clearly unwelcome washing spitting incident? Yes.

Hated throughout Scotland to the extent that even politicians think it's open season on the man? No I bloody well don't.

One politician, I believe, but feel free to correct me. Football fans target players for abuse all the time, and we do it as much as anyone. Should we get rid of that from the game too?

One politician, I believe, but feel free to correct me. Football fans target players for abuse all the time, and we do it as much as anyone. Should we get rid of that from the game too?

It's not clear to me what you are driving at, but my original reply was sincerely offered - I believe that Diouf is being singled out for special treatment in a concerted campaign from those I mentioned. And others - Reagan waded in with a prejudicial volley of his own regarding Diouf ahead of any disciplinary action.

With press mutterings suggesting the powers that be want Diouf's case to be judged out-with usual Scottish Cup disciplinary guidelines, I'm of the opinion that they are looking for a scapegoat for last weeks events. And what would be easier than targeting Diouf? I hope The Rangers employ their own QC to defend his case and who better to do that than Donald Findlay.

It's not clear to me what you are driving at, but my original reply was sincerely offered - I believe that Diouf is being singled out for special treatment in a concerted campaign from those I mentioned. And others - Reagan waded in with a prejudicial volley of his own regarding Diouf ahead of any disciplinary action.

With press mutterings suggesting the powers that be want Diouf's case to be judged out-with usual Scottish Cup disciplinary guidelines, I'm of the opinion that they are looking for a scapegoat for last weeks events. And what would be easier than targeting Diouf? I hope The Rangers employ their own QC to defend his case and who better to do that than Donald Findlay.

I merely asked a simple question about Celtic's stance. You seem to take umbrage when anyone does that.

As for retaining the services of a QC, I very much doubt that a)Rangers would employ him and b)he would want to take it on due to the media feeding frenzy that it would create.

Yes, and you agreed with me in your response. You then went on to say that he was 'hated throughout Scotland'.

"The opprobrium that greeted this man's (Diouf) arrival in Scotland has been breathtaking. For is there a more unreasonable, disproportionate and Phalangist section of society than Scottish football supporters and their agents provocateurs in the football press? The henchmen of Augusto Pinochet and Pol Pot have been known to show more charity than supporters when they claim the moral high ground."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/feb/06/kevin-mckenna-hadji-diouf-rangers?INTCMP=SRCH

How can giving someone a well earned wash be classed as hatred for fucj sake yer begining to sound like one of them ;)

Yes, and you agreed with me in your response. You then went on to say that he was 'hated throughout Scotland'.

I think he is, barring our own support. I've a lot of time for Diouf as a player and I think he could be a real star for us, but also believe that certain factions will not rest until he is gone from our shores.

I stand by what I said - I think our greatest of clubs should stand full square behind the man. I'm still not getting your point, CJ, do you have a gripe with that?

I think he is, barring our own support. I've a lot of time for Diouf as a player and I think he could be a real star for us, but also believe that certain factions will not rest until he is gone from our shores.

I stand by what I said - I think our greatest of clubs should stand full square behind the man. I'm still not getting your point, CJ, do you have a gripe with that?

What, because I queried your post? Forget I ever asked, ffs.