Rangers 1/2 year financial results?

nvager

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Twitter:

GrahamSpiers Graham Spiers

Rangers sources: RFC half-term accounts have today been delayed AGAIN - that's a 4th postponement by my count. No wonder there is suspicion.

Was just about to post this. Could look at it both ways I suppose.

most of the money smith has spent has been raised through player sales.

also he is the manager who won 2 league titles in a row. and champions league football.(more money)

also he is the manager who got us to uefa cup final. (more money)

if you are thinking of the few deals where you feel he has over spent on a player or the deal just hasn't worked out (and theres not many) i'm afraid thats bound to happen to all managers at some point. you can't be spot on all the time.

indeed i am

Shall we start with Kaunas and the loss of £14m in European revenue? How about his actions in the transfer market? The £2m loss on Mendes without mentioning his wages, oops i just did. Then there is Gow, Webster, Velicka, Beattie, Rothen, Dailly, Kerkar, G Smith, Aaron and the wages we paid them all to contribute nothing. What about the 2 whipping boys and most costliest if mistakes so far, Maurice Edu and Kyle Lafferty, combined £6m excluding wages? Would you like to add up all those lost millions?

Less than a year before he was appointed, Murray told the world our financial situation was healthy only for Walter to come in and 4 years later, aid in taking us to the brink.

Walter is the least to blame out the 3 named, but he must take his share of the blame.

Its almost impossible to argue against his success but it has come at a huge cost to the club. Almost £40m in 4 years yet we keep getting told we are skint, are having fire sales and our level is loaning players from Aberdeen. :rolleyes:

From Twitter:

GrahamSpiers Graham Spiers

Rangers sources: RFC half-term accounts have today been delayed AGAIN - that's a 4th postponement by my count. No wonder there is suspicion.

The discredited journalist knows fcuk all...

didnt blame papac for the goal, i simply stated that him being a centre half by trade results in situations like that goal,

full backs at the back post tuck in the world over.

walter smiths certainly always do and always have no matter how often they have or have not played ch before.

it has nothing to do with his previous history.

Shall we start with Kaunas and the loss of £14m in European revenue? How about his actions in the transfer market? The £2m loss on Mendes without mentioning his wages, oops i just did. Then there is Gow, Webster, Velicka, Beattie, Rothen, Dailly, Kerkar, G Smith, Aaron and the wages we paid them all to contribute nothing. What about the 2 whipping boys and most costliest if mistakes so far, Maurice Edu and Kyle Lafferty, combined £6m excluding wages? Would you like to add up all those lost millions?

Less than a year before he was appointed, Murray told the world our financial situation was healthy only for Walter to come in and 4 years later, aid in taking us to the brink.

Walter is the least to blame out the 3 named, but he must take his share of the blame.

Its almost impossible to argue against his success but it has come at a huge cost to the club. Almost £40m in 4 years yet we keep getting told we are skint, are having fire sales and our level is loaning players from Aberdeen. :rolleyes:

on the players mentioned i reckon they cost around £3m or so in transfer fees. wages i wouldn't know. some were only stop gap players or players (dailly) others back up {smith) some were unfortunate with injuries (webster velicka) the rest i agree poor.

as for edu and lafferty they are key first team players who have been part of the squad who have won 2 titles in a row and champions league runs so to call them mistakes is unproven imo.

i would also guess that rangers have brought in at least £25/30m in fees over the same 4 years.

that kounas game. yes your right it was a disaster.

Anyone that has a go at WS is mad imo, Were would we be if he hadn't won us the last two titles? yes he ha wasted millions, but what manager hasn't he wont be the last RFC manager to do so either. I only want to see a successful rangers on and off the park, Walter has done his job on it its down to someone else to sort off it etc A takeover.

on the players mentioned i reckon they cost around £3m or so in transfer fees. wages i wouldn't know. some were only stop gap players or players (dailly) others back up {smith) some were unfortunate with injuries (webster velicka) the rest i agree poor.

as for edu and lafferty they are key first team players who have been part of the squad who have won 2 titles in a row and champions league runs so to call them mistakes is unproven imo.

i would also guess that rangers have brought in at least £25/30m in fees over the same 4 years.

that kounas game. yes your right it was a disaster.

Their wages probably topped the fees paid for them, yet they offered nothing to our cause.

I like both Edu and Lafferty but at the time they were bought we didnt need them and the fees we paid make them look like mistakes, so far.

We have brought in a fair whack, but our squad has been cut in half size wise and i could argue of those we sold, we probably only got 2, possibly 3 decent fees. This is where Martin Bain comes into it, the 'bumbling idiot' as Alcapone so nicely put it.

Im not a blind defender of Smith, i respect him and im grateful for his services and success but i also see faults and im not afraid to speak of them.

(tu)

Their wages probably topped the fees paid for them, yet they offered nothing to our cause.

I like both Edu and Lafferty but at the time they were bought we didnt need them and the fees we paid make them look like mistakes, so far.

We have brought in a fair whack, but our squad has been cut in half size wise and i could argue of those we sold, we probably only got 2, possibly 3 decent fees. This is where Martin Bain comes into it, the 'bumbling idiot' as Alcapone so nicely put it.

Im not a blind defender of Smith, i respect him and im grateful for his services and success but i also see faults and im not afraid to speak of them.

(tu)

fair enough. i just think walter smith has done alot to help with our present situation by winning the titles and in europe. i think the money issues have been caused by folk higher up the chain.

fair enough. i just think walter smith has done alot to help with our present situation by winning the titles and in europe. i think the money issues have been caused by folk higher up the chain.

He has done alot, an awful lot, but if we are being honest, we play in Scotland, the standard of our opposition is mediocre at best, up until this year he was up against almost nothing. Chesneys Celtic were on their last legs and getting worse by the year, Mowbrays Celtic were simply embarrassing. This is his biggest test so far since coming back and hes hanging in there for now but weve took a few big blows this season. Sunday will be a big day. The majority of the money issues are caused by Mr Murray and Mr Bain, but no way should we exclude Smith from it, some of his mistakes have been blatant and unessesary.

(tu)

He has done alot, an awful lot, but if we are being honest, we play in Scotland, the standard of our opposition is mediocre at best, up until this year he was up against almost nothing. Chesneys Celtic were on their last legs and getting worse by the year, Mowbrays Celtic were simply embarrassing. This is his biggest test so far since coming back and hes hanging in there for now but weve took a few big blows this season. Sunday will be a big day. The majority of the money issues are caused by Mr Murray and Mr Bain, but no way should we exclude Smith from it, some of his mistakes have been blatant and unessesary.

(tu)

That's not too different to how I feel.

I love Walter Smith and he will ALWAYS be a legend in my eyes but his mistakes in the transfer market cannot be overlooked.

Can someone post a link to all these announcements of when the half-year figures will come out? I've missed every single one so far. :rolleyes:

like it or not theese figures are a good deal later than usual and the press have been told several times no when they will e out only for them not to appear.

the way rangers treat the fans nowadays is disgraceful, always keeping the fans lingering and frustrated. We get little snippets of half truths and walter with his odd counter statements which make us even more frustrated and wondering what is going on. Now constant delays. All the fans want to know how the club is doing currently getting out of the mess it created.

The simple truth can't be that difficult to present. Bunch of fucking amateurs.

How can a Board be so utterly divided over what should be strictly financial figures based on incomings and outgoings? It should be transparent and not debatable. WTF is going on inside Ibrox to hold up these accounts? Beggars belief!

How can a Board be so utterly divided over what should be strictly financial figures based on incomings and outgoings? It should be transparent and not debatable. WTF is going on inside Ibrox to hold up these accounts? Beggars belief!

Everything at at our our club right now seems like some sort of charade, designed to keep our fans unsettled and in as much in the dark as possible.

If season tickets slump, they will have some balls to complain.